Brewer Fanatic

Brewer Minor League Free Agency Eligibles After the 2010 Season -- Latest: MLB Master List Available

Mass Haas

On my Twitter feed, I've been running through some names of batters from the BA free agent list that I'd like to see the Brewers go after. The Brewers are in particular need of middle infield and catching depth, though the crop of minor league free agent outfielders is pretty good this year, too.

Catchers: Carlos Corproan, Dusty Brown, Cole Armstrong, Brandon Yarbrough, Hector Gimenez, Dusty Ryan (I had Erik Kratz on the list too, but he's already signed with the Phillies.)

Infielders: Joel Guzman, Russ Canzler, Luis O. Rodriguez, Drew Sutton, Andy Marte, Daniel Mayora, Ed Lucas, D'Angelo Jimenez, Ruben Gotay, Jesus Guzman, Tim Torres, Marcos Cabral, Hainley Statia, Drew Meyer (Not all of them are middle infielders, even though the Brewers should keep their focus there.)

Outfielders: Bryan LaHair, Wladimir Balentien, Jose Constanza, Bronson Sardinha, Mike Wilson, Brandon Boggs (There are other guys too, but once again, the Brewers don't have a big need here.)

Once the Brewers have filled some holes, I'll refresh my roster projections, maybe around the end of the year.

Minor league free agent pitching didn't seem particularly deep to me this year, and the Brewers aren't in great need of much outside help on the minor league mounds going into the 2011 season, so here are just a few RHPs and LHPs I think they should consider:

RHPs: Ching Lung Lo, Erick Abreu, Edgar Gonzalez, Richard de los Santos, Blake Johnson, Jason Hirsh

LHPs: Dana Eveland, Geno Espineli, Andy Sisco, Ryan Feierabend, Chris Seddon, Darin Downs

Archived