Brewer Fanatic

My new favorite movie......

jwill535

Hmm. I thought it was absolutely awful. Always though softball was/is an untapped subject for a movie, and I really had no expectations, good or bad, going in this film, but I maybe chuckled a handful of times. Oh well. To each their own.

see for me this is my type of humor. I like bad b movies. Most cinema movies bore the hell out of me. I like watching movies to laugh. Being a big softball player and really into that scene when i was younger i knew alot of those type of people so that made it more funny for me.

Is this is good as Pauly Shore's award winning Bio Dome? I have never seen Bio Dome, so I DVRed when it was on Starz last week, I am half way through and it feels like I am stabbing myself in the eye with a sharp stick.......

Name a similar movie. It seems like one either hates or loves this movie, and it might be better to list some movies that are in the same vein.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Beerfest is its total equal.

Dirty Work is a good idiot comedy (not meant to be an insulting term, just descriptive. i like a good idiot comedy, too). Artie Lang is even in it.

Surf School is new on video in that category and is absolutely wretched.

Bio-Dome, huh? that might have even been the best of the lot. i've seen Encino Man and Son-In-Law, and i think those were even worse. I haven't seen Pauly Shore is Dead yet, but i think i've learned my lesson.

Quote:
Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dirty Work is a good idiot comedy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree 100%

Agree 110%

Pauly Shore has lived a very charmed life

Very little talent,yet has quite a bit of cash and nails Playmates all the time.Son in Law did have it's moments though and Carla Gugino i found that nice mix of cute/sexy in the movie.

How did Pauly Shore even become remotely popular. The more I think about it the more it baffles me. Remember that stupid way he talked-

I'm the wie-zel! Ah-oooooooooo!

Look at the wood you crea-a-ted!

I need some grind-age cuz I'm all stony.

Check out the nug bro.

it helps when pauly shore's mom owns the Laugh Factory. he got instantly connected.

MacDonald did another movie after Dirty Work with Dave Chappelle, but it wasn't very good. i like his standup, though, and he was my favourite SNL Weekend Update host. but i heard he never prepared so they were always mad at him.

The last time I saw Norm was when he did an interview on The Daily Show just a few days after Steve Irwin died. He did all kinds of jokes like, "You know who's really pissed off - the crocodiles. They tried their whole lives to get this guy, and then who gets him? A sting ray!" Jon Stewart had his hands over his mouth, keeping the laughter in and said "Please don't make me laugh at this." I've always liked Norm, but he probably should have waited a little bit longer than 2 days after the Crocodile Hunter's death to try out those jokes.
Gruber Lawffices

Artie is hilarious on the Stern show. That said, in my opinion, his standup and his acting leave something to be desired.

Norm is awesome. His monologue when he hosted the ESPY's was one of the funniest things that I've ever seen. He actually made the ESPY's watchable, and that is no small task.

Archived