Brewer Fanatic

360 vs PS3. September Price Drop for 80gig PS3?

christoph08

http://blog.us.playstatio...n-hardware-announcements/

Just to be thorough, Sony has announced another new version of the PS3 will be coming out in November.

This version of the PS3 will ship with a 160 GB hard drive, a copy of Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (one of those games I'll eventually get around to), and a voucher for the PSN downloadable game, Pain (which I believe goes for $10 on PSN). Total cost: $499.99. No word yet on backwards compatability (although I wouldn't expect any, to be completely honest).

You can pre-order the new 80gb version of the PS3 core system for $399 at Sony Style. It says it'll be there around Sept 1. The cool part is that you can add the PS3 to checkout and they'll give you the option to apply for their credit card with instant approval. You can then use the card to buy the PS3 and they'll give you a $150 credit - so the system, is $249.

LINK

Did you ever wind up purchasing from this site?

Archived