Brewer Fanatic

Dave Bush outrighted?

battlekow
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd imagine that, if this happens, it will happen after tonight's game. Also, apparently Scott Downs, Jason Frasor, Kevin Gregg, and Shawn Camp have all been claimed off waivers from the Jays. Perhaps the Brewers claimed one of them and are going to outright Bush to make room for whomever they claimed?

dogs with bees in their mouths wrote:

From what I have heard there has been some serious griping during the last couple years from relievers and bottom-end of the rotation guys about Macha's style.
(Italics added by me)

I hate to sound snarky, but wouldn't "relievers and bottom-end of the rotation guys" be the majority of Brewers pitchers during Macha's tenure?

Also - if you need a 40 man spot for a callup or a claim or whatever, why Dave Bush instead of moving Hawkins to the 60 day DL? since he's certainly not returning in '10.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If it weren't for Battlekow posting this, I would be skeptical. As this makes no sense. There is only 38 men on the 40 currently, so they don't need to make room for anyone. With the comments from the Brewers saying they are not calling up a starting pitcher, why would they do this? Bush is arguably their second or third best starting pitcher. He is a FA at the end of the season, but they gain nothing by letting him go now.

Come on Battlekow, throw us a bone. What do you know?

Echoing what many have said already . . . I wouldn't miss Dave Bush a whole lot (I believe the Brewers' record is pretty lousy in games he starts, & his pitching since getting hurt last year just hasn't been the same), but if this is indeed true, it does seem early to make such a move.

With how many of Toronto's decent relievers were claimed today, it does make me wonder if the Brewers made a move or two, and the best way to start the moving forward process is to either dump Bush directly or put him in a position where he's more likely to be traded.

There's a good little level of intrigue to all this. Now that the Brewers finally remembered how to score runs (6 runs so far this inning vs. Pitt) and have a decent lead, I'm anxious for the game to get over to see if something gets announced.

Odd timing I agree but he's not going to be here next year and hasn't pitched well all year so really it's not that big a surprise. Too bad it couldn't have been Parra. He's been even worse and likely won't be back next year either. At least he better not be if we want a chance to win at all.

Too bad it couldn't have been Parra. He's been even worse and likely won't be back next year either. At least he better not be if we want a chance to win at all.

Parra is likely to be back next year as a member of the bullpen.

Are there any expensive starters pitchers the Brewers maybe have picked up on waivers?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

My guess is Bush gone, Josh Butler to take his place in the rotation. Butler started on Tuesday for Nashville, and would be on regular rest to go on Sunday. Don't ask me to explain anything beyond that, though... really not sure why the Bush move took place when it did.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

This isn't cool at all. I don't understand getting rid of Bush now. He has been better overall than Narveson and Parra this year, and actually Wolf too for the most part. I know he wouldn't be here beyond this season, but this really doesn't make sense to happen now. I would rather pull Narveson from the rotation at this point, even with his good start tonight. Thanks for the memories Dave, I'll never forget that playoff win you got us!
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I have a crazy theory. My crazy theory is that Bush was claimed and he doesn't want to go to the team claiming him. By the Brewers outrighting him, he becomes a FA and can sign with the team of his choice if someone wants to pick him up for depth for a playoff run.

First, I don't even know if this is within the scope of rules. Second, it seems outside the norm, and that's not really Melvin's style. But it is one possible way that this would make some semblance of sense.

So, anyone else beginning to doubt the accuracy of this report? It has been reported nowhere else, there's really no reason for it to happen... Unless, of course, they are waiting to outright him until after they work out a trade for someone, but I kind of doubt that.

Bush has gotten worse 4 years in a row now and his peripherals this season are about where Suppan's were the last couple of years. Not really going to be bothered by this. Narveson has pitched better than Bush this year, his ERA just isn't as good.

battlekow has been keeping mum about the whole thing, so really hard to say where he got his info. No one else has corroborated this at all.

Are you really questioning Battlekow? I think he deserves more credit than that, he's earned it. If he hasn't commented further, then assume he has a reason for that.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Bush has gotten worse 4 years in a row now and his peripherals this season are about where Suppan's were the last couple of years. Not really going to be bothered by this. Narveson has pitched better than Bush this year, his ERA just isn't as good.

Absolutely, and as a FA the Brewers will have no interest in retaining, why not cut the chord now?

After allowing 1 run and 5 hits in 15 innings over his last 2 starts, I think the Brewers are going to take a look at Dillard in his spot and he's not currently on the 40 man.

Are you really questioning Battlekow? I think he deserves more credit than that, he's earned it. If he hasn't commented further, then assume he has a reason for that.

Nope, just stating the facts. I have no doubt he had a reliable (at least to him) source for posting the info he did. Just weird that no one else has said anything about it yet.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived