Brewer Fanatic

Dave Bush outrighted?

battlekow

No link, but I would guess it will be out soon enough. Bush was outrighted (to AAA, I assume), which means he's off the 40-man roster.

EDIT: Bush has over three years of service time, so he would have the right to refuse an outright assignment and become a free agent. I don't know whether he's accepted it or not.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just don't understand the moves lately. Release Riske. Release Bush. Why not just hang onto the them until the end of the season? Does this mean someone like Butler or Rivas will be making some starts in September?

I can't find this anywhere else, but if true, this makes absolutely no sense. Bush isn't great shakes or anything, but if Soup would have been pitching as well as Bush has this season they probably would be talking about picking up his option. Who is going to step into the rotation- Parra again? Once again, another personnel move with very odd timing....when are they going to make a logical move and 'outright' Macha?

I'll wait for an official report before I have an actual reaction. However, if this is true: I guess I'm not surprised. Who replaces him though? Would it be someone not on the 40-man, like Wily Peralta? Or does someone like Peralta go on the 40-man, with someone like Amaury Rivas (who is already on the 40-man) come up to replace him?

I just don't understand the moves lately. Release Riske. Release Bush. Why not just hang onto the them until the end of the season? Does this mean someone like Butler or Rivas will be making some starts in September?

My thoughts on it as well. Hopefully we will see some young kids up and getting some experience for next year.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I would guess this will end in a trade?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

With September being only a couple of days away, they must have wanted to add someone to the 40-man pretty bad. I'm just throwing it out there, but would a Lawrie September call up make sense? Get the guy a few big league at bats.

I can't find this anywhere else, but if true, this makes absolutely no sense. Bush isn't great shakes or anything, but if Soup would have been pitching as well as Bush has this season they probably would be talking about picking up his option. Who is going to step into the rotation- Parra again? Once again, another personnel move with very odd timing....when are they going to make a logical move and 'outright' Macha?
From what I have heard there has been some serious griping during the last couple years from relievers and bottom-end of the rotation guys about Macha's style. If I had to guess I'd put my money on this move being about cutting loose a guy who is considered more trouble than he's worth when he starts complaining.

If true this is a little surprising at this point. I don't think we expected to see Bush with us next year but it seemed more like an offseason move. I see little reason to bring up any of our minor leaguers to start for us. Most are at or close to their innings limit for the year. I don't see why they should acquire service time in a lost season.

I'm just throwing it out there, but would a Lawrie September call up make sense?

No, no sense at all. You would have to add him to the 40-man roster a year sooner than necessary and either try to get him through waivers or keep him on the 40-man and use an option next year. Besides that you would have him gaining service time for no reason.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

With September being only a couple of days away, they must have wanted to add someone to the 40-man pretty bad. I'm just throwing it out there, but would a Lawrie September call up make sense? Get the guy a few big league at bats.

Lawrie doesn't need to be added to the 40 this offseason, so adding him now would waste a spot this offseason.

Hard throwing reliever Brandon Kintzler is a guy who's MLB ready and needs to be added to the 40 man roster

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Not sure why they would make this move now. They just bumped Parra from the rotation the other day, and like others have said, September is just a few days away. I guess it's possible they want to bring up some guys who aren't on the 40-man and they need the room, but why not let Bush make his starts until you have to make that decision?

Bush was by no means great this year, but he's still a decent enough #4/5 that I wouldn't have minded seeing brought back next season if the price was right. While something like this doesn't mean it's impossible, I would think it's a sign the club is ready to move on.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Given that Gallardo has been poor the last two starts and not that effective the last month this makes little sense. I would rather hang onto Bush and limit Gallardo's starts.

Agreed. Everybody knows I'm pretty bearish about Dave Bush's abilities, but at this point in the season I don't see the reason to not have him in the 5-hole to limit innings.

Maybe something else is up?

Could a waiver transaction be in the works? I can't imagine what else might be up given the timing. Plus I'm now curious to know who I'll see take the mound on Sunday.

I'm in the camp that believes Dave hasn't been "the same" since his arm absorbed that liner in Florida last June. I'll always appreciate his performance on 10/4/2008, though. He played a significant role in the absolutely best night of my baseball life (to date). Thank you, Dave. I mean it.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

From what I have heard there has been some serious griping during the last couple years from relievers and bottom-end of the rotation guys about Macha's style. If I had to guess I'd put my money on this move being about cutting loose a guy who is considered more trouble than he's worth when he starts complaining.

Well, Bush does sound negative sometimes. I'm curious. Who are the relievers, where did you hear this, and what problems do they have with Macha?

Formerly AKA Pete

Has anyone seen or heard any official word on this? While I certainly understand the Brewers parting with him, he has always been a favorite of mine although I don't really have a reason for that. I would love to see a minor league pitcher get his chance though.

Archived