Brewer Fanatic

Gallardo robbed at gunpoint

Bikeage77

Adam McCalvy with the statement Yo issued about an hour ago:

"Obviously, we all heard the news about last night. It was a scary moment for me and Alex, a tough situation. Things like that happen in every city, everywhere you go, and it's unfortunate that happened to me and him. It was one of those random things. I've never had a problem like this before. We're all very thankful.

"We were just going ... getting a bite to eat before heading home. I'm trying to stay out of trouble, and unfortunately, trouble finds us. Nobody was seriously hurt. We're all OK. Both of us are fine. That was the main thing as far as the incident last night.

"This won't be a distraction. It's getting taken care of, being investigated. We're going to forget it happened and let the Police Department do its work and finish the season strong. I still have a month to go, and I still have to go out there and perform and do my job."

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I really don't understand ragging on Gallardo for being out at that hour. He's a young guy who for the most part works late nights. The guy was just getting some food. Are we seriously going to criticize him for this?

I know these statements should be taken with a grain of salt, but Gallardo really seems to have his head on straight. It's great to have guys like him on this team (well, he's a pretty decent pitcher too).

It is unfortunate thing that happens in America far too much. However, muggings seem to happen in Milwaukee more. We were mugged near UWM 10 years ago and our platonic girlfriends after that about a year later. My friend owns the old Velvet Room and had to deal with a murder recently at a decent establishment. Not a good thing. I got the hell out of there after graduation. Glad I did.

I moved to a better place in a bigger city that has plenty of problems too but not of the incidence of MTown in the right neighborhoods. Glad I left. Take some shots if you want but it is just my opinion. Just don't blame Yo on this one...not his fault.

Probably have four more detectives on the case. Working in shifts!

Do you find them much, these, muggers?

Leads, yeah, sure. I'll just check with the boys down at the crime lab
I wouldn't hold out any hope for the tape deck, though.

-Or the Credence..

Archived