Brewer Fanatic

2010-08-24 Dodgers (Lilly) at Brewers (Bush), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3]

Was I the only one wondering why Bush didn't walk Rod Barajas to get to Lilly in the demon 6th inning?

Did FSWisconsin show Bush screaming into his glove as he left the mound after the 6th finally ended?

What was the point of the tool sitting a few rows behind me yelling "down in front" at me for having the audacity to stand during the bottom of the 9th almost-rally? (He was an older guy and at first I thought perhaps he was not mobile enough to stand for the 9th himself, but he had no problem standing after the game to mug for photos with his friends.)

Besides these vexing questions, our nephew felt sick for part of the game and spent much of it in the first aid office. But he got air conditioning, a bed that goes up or down, FSWisconsin video and Uecker audio - so he really didn't mind.

So the night was kind of a bummer, but it won't stop me from being lonely for games in the off-season.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I saw Bush yell into his glove. It was a fleeting shot.

Here is a quote from MLB.com: "I haven't pitched as well as I can, and I guess as a whole, we haven't played as well as we can. The inconsistency has plagued all of us, not just me." That makes me want to yell into a glove as well. If someone unpopular took that attitude, they'd get roasted. A chunky catcher who just got picked up for nothing pounded out 2 doubles and a game winning 3 run homer. Forget what your teammates did in some other game, admit you SUCKED.

Formerly AKA Pete

Wow, interesting that Gomez gets bumped to RF when he must be better in CF than just about anyone else on the planet. Glad to see Cain has "established" himself as the CF starter.
Yeah, well, Macha played Edmonds in CF and Gomez in RF when there was no doubt in anyone's mind who the better CF was.

That was Gomez first start in RF all season, previous to this game he played 2 innings in RF all season.

Archived