Brewer Fanatic

What teams do you hate?

1. Cubs. No matter what happens, I don't see this ever changing. The only team that could ever conceivably uproot them would be the Cardinals.

2. Cardinals. Only in the last couple years have I really starting hating the Cards. I used to root for Pujols! I thought he was a nice guy and we shared a common enemy with the fans. Now, he is my least favorite player in the entire major leagues.

3. Yankees. For every reason you would suspect.

I don't really hate any other teams. The White Sox and the Twins would be up there, but there's no real rivalry for me with them. The WS hate the Cubs, and I don't really have anything against them, so meh. I also would have had the Reds up here until Votto and Phillips started talking. They have my full support for at least this season.

this is a hard one for me as I have a high ability to feel petty hatred and spite when it comes to sports.

1. Cubs.

2. Twins...I really could put them first, but sort of kind of don't quite have the same burning rage towards them when they do well as the Cubs inspire.

3. Cards (obvious reasons)...and the 82 series.

4. I'll go off the board for Baltimore; remnants of the battles with them in the early 80's.

5. Braves, instilled by my Grandfather (I can't carry a candle to his ability to hate sports teams).

6. Reds, never got into the Big Red Machine. WLW is too Northern Kentucky for me. Their fans bug me. The Bengals bug me, I project it on to the Reds.

7. Rockies. I hated that stupid Blake Street Bombers crap. I still think that franchise is annoying. Dante going there and that Crillio trade.

8. Red Soxs/Yankees. As stated by others.

9. Kane County. I lived in Wausau when they were the Timbers and was there when they moved. I look them up from time to time and take joy in their losses. I understand now why they had to relocate, but my youthful rage still lingers.

I really only despise one team from year to year.

1.) CUBS

I will like and dislike teams from year to year, based on personnel movement. At the end of the day I like watching good baseball. The Cardinals really get on my nerves, but I love watching Pujols hit, and Wainwright is about my favorite pitcher to watch these days.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I do not hate the Cubs, nor the Cardinals. I cheer when they lose. I laugh whenever Bartman, goats, "Maybe next year", etc... are brought up. I smile when high-priced, low-producing vets weigh down their team. But I do not hate them just because they are our rivals.

Hate is for everything that is wrong with baseball. Hate is for changing the game I loved as a kid to one of buying championships. Hate is reserved for the one and only NYY. Yes, they are playing within the rules, blah,blah,blah. But when the art of identifying young talent, developing said talent, and building a team from within is overridden by a team that can just go outspend every other team by a large margin and suck up the best free agents... its ruined the game of baseball I loved as a kid (I was actually liked the NYY then because of the Babe and their history...).

Other teams contribute to that of course, but NYY symbolizes to me all that is wrong in baseball.

Archived