Brewer Fanatic

How do you want the playoffs to shake out?

This is about want, not what you think will happen. Keep it within reason I suppose, we all WANT to the Brewers to win 38 in row, but that ain't happenin'

NL East - Phillies

NL Central - Reds

NL West - Padres

WC - Giants

Reds over Padres

Phillies over Giants

Phillies over Reds

AL East - Rays

AL Central - White Sox

AL West - Rangers

WC - Yankees

Rays over Rangers

White Sox over Yankees

Rays over White Sox

Rays over Phillies in WS rematch

Most of my picks are based on (rational or irrational) dislike for certain teams or keeping teams with a worse post-season record than the Brewers in that position (The Rangers have won 1 playoff game, ever). Anytime the White Sox are doing better than the Cubs it makes me happy, and I could go 50 years without seeing the Cards in the playoffs again.

I want:

NL East--Braves

NL Central--Reds

NL West--Padres

NL Wild Card--Giants

AL East--Rays

AL Central--Twins

AL West--Rangers

AL Wild Card--White Sox

Wow, what an exciting playoffs those would be! And what a television ratings nightmare. I could care less about the ratings as all playoff baseball is good baseball, to me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What I would like to see is:

NL East - Braves

NL Central - Reds

NL West - Padres

WC - Phillies

Braves over Padres

Reds over Phillies

Braves over Reds

AL East - Yankees

AL Central - Twins

AL West - Rangers

WC - Rays

Twins over Yankees

Rays over Rangers

Rays over Twins

Rays over Braves in 7 games.

NL MVP Joey Votto and baseball Jesus finishes in a distant 2nd with Cardinals fans calling all the sports writers classless because of that.

I'm cheering for the Rays, Twins, and Rangers to win the AL division. Let the Yankees slide to the wild card.

In the NL, I'll go with the Phillies, Reds, and Padres. Give the Braves the Wild Card.

As long as the Yankees don't win their division and don't make the World Series I'll be happy. I probably won't watch a Yankees World Series, per usual.

I'll cheer for the Twins and any of the Phils, Reds, or Pads to make it to the series.

While being somewhat reasonable, here's what I want to see happen:

AL East: Rays

AL Central: Twins

AL West: Rangers

Wildcard: Yankees

NL East: Phillies

NL Central: Reds

NL West: Giants

Wildcard: Padres

Rays over Rangers

Twins over Yankees

Phillies over Padres

Reds over Giants

Phillies over Reds

Rays over Twins

Rays over Phillies

NL | ATL, CIN, SD, SF

AL | TB, CHI, TEX, NYY

WS | TB over ATL

Might as well let Bobby lose one more in his last hurrah. After TB I'd like to see TEX or CHI win it all. All the NL teams kinda bore me this year, honestly. I hope PHI doesn't even make the tourney just because trading Lee to start the year was so dumb.

What I want, with realistic assumptions (which means Yankees are in as much as it pains me):

NL

Padres

Reds

Phillies

Giants (WC)

NLDS

Padres over Reds

Giants over Phillies

NLCS

Padres over Giants

AL

Rays

Twins

Rangers

Yankees (WC)

ALDS

Twins over Yankees

Rangers over Rays

ALCS

Twins over Rangers

WS

Padres over Twins

Just can't bring myself to rooting for the Rays in that staidum. It feels wrong to root for any baseball team playing in a totally enclosed stadium.

I would love to see a Rays vs Braves World Series. I like both of those teams and would really enjoy that series. And I want TB to win it, after the Brewers the Rays are the only other team I would say I really root for. Just love so many players on that team (Longoria, Crawford, Zobrist, Garza, Shields, Hellickson, Price, etc.)

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Do any of you guys fall into the category of rooting for your division when your team is out of it?

For example, I feel loyalty to rooting for other Big Ten teams in bowl games regardless of who they are playing. I guess there exists in my mind a sort of Big Ten camraderie. However, I do not feel that in MLB, NFL or NBA. I generally will root against anyone from the Brewers, Packers or Bucks division.

Being realistic I'd like to see the following:

AL: Rays, Yanks, Twins, Rangers. Really not all that intersted in seeing any of the others butt their way into this.

NL: Braves, Reds, and in the event the Crew doesn't win 30+, two from the West. Prefer Padres and Giants, but wouldn't mind seeing a big run from the Rockies again. Not a big fan of the Reds, but anyone other than STL makes me happy.

Do any of you guys fall into the category of rooting for your division when your team is out of it?

For example, I feel loyalty to rooting for other Big Ten teams in bowl games regardless of who they are playing. I guess there exists in my mind a sort of Big Ten camraderie. However, I do not feel that in MLB, NFL or NBA. I generally will root against anyone from the Brewers, Packers or Bucks division.

I was talking to my uncle about this (he is a Cubs fan) because he said it was hypocritical of me to root for Big 10 Teams (besides OSU, I will never root for them in anything) in bowl games but not to want other NL Central teams to win in the playoffs. Maybe it is hypocritical, but its just how I have always felt.

In terms of the MLB playoffs, all I really care about is that the Cards are sitting at home a day after the regular season ends.

thebruce44 wrote:

I was talking to my uncle about this (he is a Cubs fan) because he said it was hypocritical of me to root for Big 10 Teams (besides OSU, I will never root for them in anything) in bowl games but not to want other NL Central teams to win in the playoffs. Maybe it is hypocritical, but its just how I have always felt.

It isn't hypocritical. In college sports your team's success depends on the perception of the conference and thus the success of the other teams in your conference on the national level.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

NL West-Padres

NL Central-Reds

NL East-Braves

NL Wild Card-Giants

AL West-Texas

AL Central-Twins

AL East-Rays

AL Wild Card-Red Sox (I hate them but would rather see them in than the Yankees who I loathe)

ALCS-Rangers/Rays

NLCS-Reds/Padres

WS Rays/Rangers over Reds/Padres

Basically as long as the Yankees don't win it I'll be fine with whoever wins it

Rays beat Phillies to win the World Series with relative ease in 5 games.

Rays beat Yankees in ALCS (at Yankee Stadium).

Phillies beat Padres in NLCS game 7

Twins, Rangers, Giants, Reds lose in division series.

Reds and Cards finish season tied for NL Central champion. Reds pummel Cards in a play-in game, badly. Joey Votto, Brandon Phillips, Scott Rolen all hit homeruns off Chris Carpenter. Johny Cueto and Aroldis Chapman combine for a shutout.

Braves, Padres, Reds & Philthies

Rangers, Twins, Rays & Yanks

Braves over the Rangers.....Bobby gets thrown out of game #7 but still gets the Championship

....the "four letter network" is besides themselves so instead of publicizing the WS they show a week's worth of Yankees-Red Sox highlights interrupted by only analysis of projected Yankees/Red Sox offseason moves & the annointment of LaRussa as the Pope of MLBhttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"It isn't hypocritical. In college sports your team's success depends on the perception of the conference and thus the success of the other teams in your conference on the national level."

Also, interconference play doesn't count against your team in college sports either. If WI loses every non-conference game they play, and every other B10 team goes undefeated, it doesn't affect the final outcome of the conference. This is not true in professional sports. If the Packers go 6-0 in division games, but 0-10 outside, they don't win the division. If the Badgers go 0-4 in nonconference, and 8-0 in the Big Ten, they win the conference.

I root for the B10 in any inter-conference stuff as long as Minnesota isn't in the game. They are the only team in the Big Ten I will pretty much never root for.

Archived