Brewer Fanatic

Braun heating up now that his injury is healed?

Nice to see Braunie hit another HR and draw two walks today. Just looked at his August numbers: .429/.493/.540/1.033 and I'd say he's well on his way back from that pesky wrist injury. I realize that his OBP and SLG numbers wouldn't look so nice if he wasn't really seeing the ball well, but maybe this is a sign that his injury is healed and he's able to drive the ball more and be a bit more selective in his pitch selection. 8 walks and only 7 strikeouts (very small sample) give me hope...

Thoughts? I think few people were getting worried about Braun (long term), but his June (.708) and July (.615) OPS numbers were simply awful

His .slg is just terrible. He's been lucky and getting a ton of singles. Even with his BA 100+ points above his career best, his slg% is still 50 points below his career average.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I could certainly go with a stance on Braun finally getting his wrist/arm back to full health and that is part of the reason why he's done better lately. I'm sure the injury is part of the issue with his numbers.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

His .slg is just terrible. He's been lucky and getting a ton of singles. Even with his BA 100+ points above his career best, his slg% is still 50 points below his career average.
I know posters love to talk about luck and BAbip, but Braun's season kinda reminds me of Eddie Murray's 1986. Murray was bothered by some kind of nagging injury that season and finally missed a month from early July to early August. It was the first season he hadn't been 100% healthy and his power numbers were way down. But his batting average was way up. I don't remember the exact injury but after the season he admitted he couldn't swing the bat very well all year. So instead of swinging for the fences he focused more on putting the ball in play and trying to make things happen that way.

I know posters love to talk about luck and BAbip, but Braun's season kinda reminds me of Eddie Murray's 1986.
That's perfectly fine, but saying that he's healthy now because he's been lucky when just putting the ball in play isn't correct. This isn't the same Braun we saw two years ago. He just isn't swinging with the same authority.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived