Brewer Fanatic

Piniella retiring after today's game

crossface21

yeah, my wife just came and told me the breaking news. I'm not too surprised, either. If you know you're retiring at the end of the year and you're watching a team that is disappointing in so many ways, why would you stay until the end?

See ya, Lou! Have fun fishing or whatever.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Hope the Cubs have some terrible calls go against them. It would be a shame for Lou to go out without one last tirade.
"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Yes, Pinella needs to make a fitting dramatic exit. Forget walking off with a base, that's been done. Bring out a claw hammer and remove the pitching rubber. Punch Carlos Zambrano in the face. If it's a home game, get tossed in the 6th inning then run up to the booth to sing "Take me out to the ball game" during the 7th inning stretch. Make it memorable.
Gruber Lawffices

Apparently his mother is quite sick, thus his early exit.

I did read that elsewhere, so it probably is a key factor in the decision.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Archived