Brewer Fanatic

NBA draft/Bucks-Yi discussion

patrickgpe
I have never been a fan of Mason's offense but respected him as a physical, defensive pressence at the 2 and 3. If the Bucks found a way to trade up and draft Al Horford and signed Mason, they would be adding 2, physical, defensive-minded players in the offseason. I think most Bucks fans would acknowledge that that is an area that we need to improve and perhaps adding these two pieces would go a ways towards doing just that. Unfortunately, it does not solve the point guard situation. I like Mo Williams as a 6th man but not as a guy running the offseason. He is as big of a reason for the Bucks' offensive woes as anyone because rather than directing the offense and spreading the ball around, he would rather shoot (as has been discussed in this thread quite a bit). If there was another option out there (either via trade or free agency) that would allow us to resign Mo as a 6th man, I would be all for that. He is a great offensive pressence off the bench. I just don't like him starting at the point.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Why would Mason come back here after calling Larry Harris a "snake"?

Larry Harris is a snake..

I would like to see an Ohio State back court for the Bucks. I can see Harris trading away their pick, he will end up trading for junk.

there is an interactive draft going on at espn.com right now.

sports.espn.go.com/espn/p...aft/070627

"nba expert" bill simmons took durant #1, so one has to question how llegit this is.

as far as for the mason talk, i would welcome him or wallace on the team, along with drafting brewer, assuming that simmons can be gotten rid of. We need slashers and players who can play defense. I think if we can resign Bell as well we could be a decent defensive team next season.

Thats a heck of a point Patrick - Brewer and Mason would be an amazing defensive pair. I think Brewers defense is going to be Ron Artest good. Simmons - when healthy is a very good defender in my opinion.

Quote:
I heard on 620 this morning that there was a chance of the Bucks trading with Philly to get their 2 first round picks. I don't see that being a good decision.

You mean 620 was actually talking about something other than the Packers?

well it almost took 2 hours to get to the bucks pick on the interactive draft but it went like this

1. durant

2. oden

3. hortford

4. conley

5. brewer

6. green

i think that is a nightmare scenerio for the bucks, but if it happens like this i agree with fords selection of green.

I just heard on ESPN's draft special that Yi will come to Milwaukee if he is drafted by them. He's not gonna turn down the chance to come to the NBA to go back to China. Good news in that I don't neccessarily want Harris to draft Yi, but it adds a lot of leverage in trade talks.

I thought it was Yi's agent who wanted him to go to a major market, as opposed to Yi. If you have the chance to play anywhere in the NBA and lots of money or China, which do you take?

Edit: But don't we have a big man who likes to play outside as opposed to in the paint? Do we need 2?

heard on 620 this morning that there was a chance of the Bucks trading with Philly to get their 2 first round picks. I don't see that being a good decision.

Tier 2 in this draft starts and ends with Al Horford.

You got that right about Horford. That is why I would welcome a trade down. There are just as many question marks about players projected to go around the 6th pick in the draft as any of the players projected to go in the mid or late first, and IMO, the difference between the quality at #6 and the quality at #16 or #26 is very small. So go with two picks instead of one.

Remember - Robert Traylor was picked ahead of Dirk Nowitzki. It's not where you pick, it's whom you get at that slot. There's plenty of power forwards projected to go mid and late first; might as well get two picks and try to get both a point guard and a power forward, then hope Landry is around when they pick in the 2nd.

I think if Yi is there at 6 the Bucks will get some real nice offers from GS who wants to connect to their Asian Fan base.

Personally - I think having a guy like Yi on this team could be a sweet steal. NBA Comparision - Dirk.

From DallasBasketball.com

Harris on the trading block?

This deal wouldn't make much sense to me, but it was a heck of a way for Big Ed Sefko to begin today's chat.

From e-mail: The Mavericks have been kind of boring the last few years on draft day. Any chance the try to make a little magic happen like in the early Nelson years?

Eddie Sefko: The hottest rumor going around right now has them trying to move up to No. 6 in the draft by trading Devin Harris to Milwaukee. This came from Eastern Conference contacts, so take it for what it's worth. The guess here is that the Mavs would try to pry something out of the Bucks beyond No. 6, which would either be Mike Conley or Yi Jianlian, most likely. But the bottom line is they aren't looking to go crazy. When you have a 67-win team, even one that disappointed in the playoffs, it's prudent to think you're still going to be pretty good next season.

I maybe in the minority here, but I want Jeff Green. I am afraid Boston may take him ahead of us. He is not as hyped as Brewer or Wright, but he is a player with star potential. He can score inside and mid range along with playing some D.

Brewer has NO shooting ability which means he will probably become a good bench player. Wright is a mystery and I really doubt Conley will be there for us. I say lets take a for sure 12 and 6 guy to be our SF of the future.

Quote:
Pretty sure the Bucks will be drafting Joakim Noah

You're not serious right? I don't really think anyone will trade up for Noah.

from JSonline 06-27-07

Quote:
The Bucks would like nothing better than for the Grizzlies to select Noah, or if Memphis passes on him, for Boston to grab him. That's because Noah refused to work out with Milwaukee and is not being considered by the Bucks.

"We won't consider him because he won't be happy here," Babcock said.

Anyone but Joakim Noah or Jeff Green. Jeff Green is a total meh pick. He's just not anything special, just a guy, not going to develope into a star. No risk no real reward. Worst possible pick. I'd rather have Joakim than him, atleast he has a personality. Just another step into perpetual mediocrity if they pick Green.

Meaning that all things that could go wrong will, we're a lock for picking Jeff Green. Ughhhh, enjoy being unemployed in a year or two Larry Harris. I can see them Vegas lights already.

Archived