Brewer Fanatic

2010-08-17 Brewers (Bush) at Cardinals (Garcia), 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-2]

Did they give the text answer yet?
In the chat, monty57 reported a preliminary text result with Braun leading with 40% of the vote, Corey 30%, and either Casey 20/Rickie 10 or Rickie 20/Casey 10. So, probably 10 votes. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Come on, John. Don't let the bensheeps party down!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Did the STL fans actually participate in a wave earlier tonight? And would that mean the wave became classy?

Yes they did and it lasted waaaay too long. Must have went around 6 times. Knew it was too long when even my 4-yr-old got tired of it.

I have never joined in on the "classy fan" debate, but now I must.

During the t-shirt toss early in the game, a fan sitting directly in front of my daughter caught a shirt from the Cardinals mascot. The guy (30 - 35 yrs old) turned around to my daughter and said to her "Do you want it?" as he held the shirt out. My daughter started to reach for it and the guy pulled it back and said "Just kidding"

My four-year-old cried on my wife's lap for the next half inning. He did turn around later and say "I didn't think she would want it since you are Brewer fans." Guess 4-year-olds here are much more mature and bred to root for only their team at a much younger age.

The same guy turned to give me a high five following Axford's wild pitch in the 8th; I declined.

With two outs in the ninth, my wife said loud enough..."One more out and we'll high five." On the last out, the guy left immediately, not even realizing that I was standing there with my arm extended for him.

I really dislike the way Macha continues to use Axford for four and five out saves. Once in a while, sure, but as much as he has he's going to blow out his arm.
Middle relievers throw 2-3 innings all the time. It is not anymore difficult to throw the 8th and 9th than it is the 6th and 7th. In fact, many would argue a 2 inning outing is far easier and less taxing than 2 1 inning outings, especially back-to-back.

Now, if they would ask Axford to get 6 outs tomorrow, I'd agree. He might well get the day off regardless, or at most, just pitch one frame. The team is off Thursday, Macha did a fine job of using the schedule to his advantage.

Heck, if Hoffman would not have struggled so in April and May and duplicated his 2009, and Hawkins had not had shoulder issues, Axford might well be pitching the 6th, 7th, and 8th regularly, likely in 3-7 out stretches. Add in Braddock and Loe, it may have been one of the better bullpens the Crew has ever had. Thus the difficulty in predicting reliever effectiveness, which amounts to a bunch of small samples.

Oh, that is it.

I'm among the portion of the bf.net community who remember 1982 well enough to, well, not forget it. In recent years I've actually become more incensed by the tales we've heard of their sanctimonious fanbase, egged on to some degree by their sanctimonious media.

Still, I have pondered at times giving "STL nation" the benefit of the doubt. I know the bensheeps family and was specifically prepared to set aside some of my bad blood if they reported a good experience at Busch. I understand this was just one fan, but if they are going to pick on the likes of bensheeps' little girl, they have utterly lost their chance to redeem themselves with me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived