Brewer Fanatic

2010-08-15 Brewers (Parra) at Rockies (Jimenez), 2:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-5]

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I don't know what's funnier -- Barmes just completely whiffing on the ball altogether, or Coshun needing about 90 seconds to realize that two runs came across to tie the game.
All I was thinking was, Counsell BETTER have been running hard! He scared the crap out of me.

Yeah, I don't know what's funnier -- Barmes just completely whiffing on the ball altogether, or Coshun needing about 90 seconds to realize that two runs came across to tie the game.
All I was thinking was, Counsell BETTER have been running hard! He scared the crap out of me.
I think we're lucky it was Counsell on second. I bet a few players would have slowed down, but of course not Craig.

Bummer. By no means an easy play for Rickie, but it really would've been nice if he was just able to keep it in front of him.

I guess this doesn't sting as much considering they had no business being in a tie game to begin with, but it still stinks. Good riddance to Coors Field for the season.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

A tie score late in a game is just about always going to favor the home team, no matter who is pitching. We heard the 9th inning from the car and frankly, I thought it would be Grampa Todd with the game-ending heroics...until it came down to Tulowitzki.

We also managed to hear Manny's error in the 3rd, but comparing it to the box score, I'm not seeing how each of the Rockies' first three runs were unearned. I assume Manny's error made runs 2 and 3 possible, but once it was tied Cory mentioned that all of the Rockie runs were unearned.

Also - was there any explanation today of why Cory P was out of Saturday's broadcast? Bob did all the innings that night (at least once I had the radio on) and mentioned that Cory was out of the hospital, had antibiotics and would be back on Sunday. I couldn't tell how much of that was Ueckeresque exaggeration.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The first run that crossed the plate was the batter that should have been out. The 2nd run scored on the play in which the 2nd out (which should have been the 3rd out) was recorded. Then another run scored. All went unearned.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived