Brewer Fanatic

Bobblehead Thread (Latest: March 6 Axford bobble?)

jjkoestler
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was at Spring Training. Before the game the Ice Man came out to the lines of people waiting to get in and touted his bobble selling for hundreds of dollars. Can only imagine how many of you bobble collectors would have been stewing about this.

I still don't understand why the Brewers didn't just give out 10,000 Ice Man bobbles instead of those silly Miller Lite ones that year when he was voted for best vendor. Still coulda been sponsored by Miller Lite. Win Win.

Was at Spring Training. Before the game the Ice Man came out to the lines of people waiting to get in and touted his bobble selling for hundreds of dollars. Can only imagine how many of you bobble collectors would have been stewing about this.

By touting do you mean he was bragging about it? That doesn't make me mad, but had he been selling them, that would have caused a bit of anger...lol

He needs to know that the subject of that bobble has nothing to do with its value. The reason people over pay for it is because there are so few of them, it is rare.

Had it been a bobble of a pile of crap with a Brewers cap on, that was only given out in limited numbers, it too would have a high price.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Had it been a bobble of a pile of crap with a Brewers cap on, that was only given out in limited numbers, it too would have a high price.

In other words a commerative bobblehead featuring the entire 2002 roster!

By touting do you mean he was bragging about it? That doesn't make me mad, but had he been selling them, that would have caused a bit of anger...lol

He is the one selling them, and by bragging about it it's just that much more sour.

If this is true, I wonder how many of them he has stashed away for a rainy day?

It is obvious there are more than 100 Attanasios and Bill Hall Tracksuits out there, so it is probably a given there are more than 100 Icemen as well...

I completely believe that whenever a bobble comes out that supposedly has a certain number edition, you can probably double that amount for what is really produced. Mostly for the low number ones like Attanasio, Hall and Iceman. Are there really 5000 of each of the Brewers Alternates and retros, probably since they are produced in such high numbers.

Puts a real downer on the hobby in my opinion. Too much uncertainty when it comes to shelling out the big bucks for these things.

Sorry, hadn't looked at this thread in days. We were playing the Angels that day and there were a lot of Angels fans. He made some comment like "All you people from California, my bobblehead just sold on ebay to a guy from California for $485.00! (not sure that was the exact amount)". Not being a big bobble guy myself, but a big reader of the site I filled my wife in on the story. If it makes it any better, he did give a kid a dollar for answering a trivia question right.

• 3 months later...
I'm thinking about taking my pops to the Snappers game on Sunday for Father's Day. What's the latest we could arrive and still get a Snappy bobble. I haven't been to a Snappers game in a few seasons so I'm not sure what the crowd is like these days.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

• 1 month later...

That was either a prototype or a custom job.

My guess is that someone just took the regular Aaron SGA and painted the powder blue uniform.

If so, it is worth close to nothing.

Archived