Brewer Fanatic

Bobblehead Thread (Latest: March 6 Axford bobble?)

jjkoestler
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

2011 Brewers Bobbleheads

April 24 - John Axford

May 22 - Casey McGehee

June 12 - Zack Greinke

June 21 - Stitch n Pitch

July 10 - Famous Racing Sausage Hot Dog

July 30- Miller Lite Beer Vendor

August 14 - Craig Counsell

September 25 - Randy Wolf

2011 Timber Rattlers Bobbleheads

April 7 - Scooter vs the Snowman

August 29 - Fan's Choice

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I knew they were gonna do alternates again. Just wish it wasn't pinstripes. Also, I have also officially ran out of room on my shelves. With 140 (give/take) that I have, I'm debating if I should just pack up the "commons" and just display the retro/alternates. Anyone else run out of room to put these things?

I am also out of room...

I was thinking of taking guys like Podsednik, Hammonds, Overbay, Suppan, Kendall, etc., off the shelves and into plastic storage boxes.

Your idea of displaying the alternates and retiring the regs is a good one too.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Has anyone checked out the site Bobblebums.com? It's a good place to see log what bobbles you have and need. Last I checked though it was still missing the infamous Helena Brewers Braun bobble. The site stays up to date on basically everything though.

The Snappers released their 2011 promo schedule and it does not have any bobblehead dates. Do you think they will announce them at a later date? It would be strange if they decided not to do bobbles this year.

http://web.minorleaguebas..._t554&fext=.jsp&sid=t554

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

No Snappers bobbles this year per Snappers GM Jeff Vohs.

"I'm sorry to say, but there are no plans for any bobbleheads in the promotional schedule for this season. After many discussions with teams across MiLB and based on our own experiences over the last few seasons there seems to have been a decrease in interest in the bobbleheads. After a lot of discussion we have decided to take a year off from doing them as a giveaway and see how things go, possibly bringing them back in to the schedule in 2012."

"We have discussed going back to past years - when we were a Brewers affiliate - and doing some more of those players but couldn't think of any "dominate" player that we haven't already done. Basically the idea was we could do a third Fielder, or a second Weeks, etc.

Unfortunately you can only do players that were on your active roster. If you do anyone that was not on your active roster - Greinke, Hart, Braun, etc. - you have to get permission from that person, and permission to use the likeness. Being a not-for-profit team that usually costs us way more than we can afford.

Hopefully we are able to work something out from 2012, as we have heard from a few fans about not having bobbleheads. I still think they can be a good business decision if it's the right player, as we saw a few years ago with the second Fielder one we did, along with the Molitor one we did, but we just have to make sure they work within our budget."

Sincerely,

Jeff Vohs

General Manager

Beloit Snappers Baseball

I'd hope the Snappers wouldn't ever put out Greinke bobblehead. I can't think of any other Brewers to do from Beloit that haven't been done off the top of my head.

Like that Don Money is getting one from the Sounds. Surprised they didn't do a Gallardo, but no complaints. The Sounds bobbles are really nice. I'm assuming Huntsville is done with bobbles altogether now too. The last one they did was Microwave Dave, a season ticket holder and local musician.

How did everyone do with the Uecker Admirals bobble? I couldn't make the game so we gave our tickets to another couple. They arrived 30 minutes before the game and didn't get a bobble. However they did see a couple guys leaving the BC with 4 shopping bags full of bobbles. I'm pretty pissed off right now.

We got in at the main entrance at 6:25-6:30 and got them no problem. Huge line, but there were plenty left.

At 5 minutes before puck drop there was no line and only guy giving them away. When I came back from getting my soda, the BC crew was putting them back in boxes and taking them to storage. There was probably 10 boxes of extras. I'd call the bradley center and see what they can do. Provided they still have their voucers. The lower level was pretty full, and the upper deck had about 4-5 sections on each side going about 1/3-1/2 way up. I don't know how to gauge attendance at the BC, but if there were 5000 people there, it wasn't by much.

You received a voucher for the Bob Uecker bobblehead after you got your ticket scanned and walked through the turnstile. You were then to proceed to sections 205 and 218 where the bobbles were being handed out. On the back of the voucher you could write your information to win an autographed Bob Uecker bobblehead.

So, rather than having the pile of boxes sitting there and handing them out when you first entered, they made you go to the designated sections where they had the pile of boxes sitting and distributed them to you after you gave them the voucher.

• 4 weeks later...

check the first page. There's a ton of mascots, but the only ones given out during the Brewers tenure that I feel are worth getting are the following:

2008: George Plaster (Sounds announcer)

2009: Ryan Braun

2010: Prince Fielder

2011: Don Money

The others include:

2005: Queen Esther

2005: John the Babtist

2005: Daniel In the Lions

2006: Jonah

2008: Joseph The Dreamer

Not really baseball related at all. Also, I've never seen any of them on eBay.

Archived