Brewer Fanatic

2010-08-13 Brewers (Gallardo) at Rockies (De La Rosa), 8:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

7 IP, 6 H, 2 ER, 2 BB, 5K, 99 pitches

Looks like a great line for a still young pitcher coming back from injury pitching for a team that has nothing to really play for at this point except health moving forward.

MIGHT AS WELL TRY AND SQUEEZE ONE MORE INNING OUT

And Macha is clearly an idiot. Great job blowing the game. Gallardo shouldn't've been allowed to stay in past the first batter and probably not even past the 7th inning, and Loe has no business being in the game in that situation. Nicely done. Way to blow the game.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

It's not bad luck. Yo pitched well but was over 100 pitches and you had 2 lefties to start the inning. No brainer for a lefty but not only did Macha not bring a lefty in, he didn't even have one warmed up.

Meanwhile, Loe has been nothing special in his short major league career but because he has a nice ERA in a handful of innings this year, he get's sent in there with the game in the line.

I've never been a big Macha hater, but I've definitely had enough now.

I agree that Randolph should get a chance. I don't really think he's the answer, but it'd be better for him to prove that now than take it into the offseason. I mean he's not Dale Sveum. He's actually a legit manager that will get consideration, so why not give him a shot now.

I know it's not the same situation, and compared to many posters here I've been relatively accepting of Macha. But the 8th inning tonight leaves me feeling much like I felt after that first game of the doubleheader with the Phillies in 2008 when Ned left us all scratching our heads, bashing in keyboards, etc. over his use of Shouse.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I sure they should fire Macha and too Melvin but why does everyone what to give Willie a shot.

What I'm saying is let Randolph finish out the season, so management can see that he's not the answer and take him out of the equation for next year.

Archived