Brewer Fanatic

Brandon Phillips Choice Words for the Cardinals (Latest: benches clear; Cueto, Baker, LaRussa suspended; four others fined)

crossface21
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
But I'm sure Yadier, as defender of all that is right and truthful with the universe, was completely justified in starting a fight. Cardinals players always take the high road.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Next time Brandon Phillips comes to town I would love to see Milwaukee fans give him a standing ovation.

You guys (and girls) who live within a two hour drive - this is your responsibility. For me it's a two hour flight through the end of the season, after that a four hour flight.

Just watched the video on mlb.com, how does Molina not get ejected there? Phillips comes up to bat and Molina takes his mask off, walks in front of the plate and gets in his face. If that isn't inciting a brawl I really don't understand what would be. I guess it's just another case of Molina and the Cardinals "policing" baseball of it's rights and wrongs. Thanks Cards players and fans
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Next time Brandon Phillips comes to town I would love to see Milwaukee fans give him a standing ovation.

You guys (and girls) who live within a two hour drive - this is your responsibility. For me it's a two hour flight through the end of the season, after that a four hour flight.

At first (quick) glance I thought you wrote "two hour fight." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif But OK, September 21, I'll mark it on my calendar.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I disagree with Phillips. The Cardinals are not whiners, they are hypocritical bullies. This is what happens when you stand up to a bully. They throw pitches at you or start a fight.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Preach on, Brother Phillips!

The Cards are so easy to dislike, and have been rubbing most of us here the wrong way for a couple of years by saying all the "classy" things then doing the complete opposite on the field of play.

Melvin once offered Jorge De La Rosa to the Indians for Brandon Phillips, but they obviously didn't take the deal and we ended up with Tony Graffanino instead.

Gruber Lawffices

I didn't see Diego in that video. I did see Suppan.
Yeah, Suppan was trying to keep the peace and then just got swept towards the fence by the mob. If I remember correctly, he was the between Carpenter and everyone else (well, except for Volquez, who was ended up between Carpenter and the fence).

I didn't see Diego in that video. I did see Suppan.
Yeah, Suppan was trying to keep the peace and then just got swept towards the fence by the mob.
He is just unlucky.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

So LaRussa predicted Rolen would be offended by Phillips words and Rolen is almost in the middle of the whole thing taking Carpenter to the ground. Love it.
This was a strange comment by LaRussa, I thought he and Rolen didn't get along.

Agreed that Brandon Phillips, and subsequently the Reds, are worthy of support. I also thought it was great that Schroeder was doing his best to hold back how much he agreed with Phillips on the Brewers broadcast.

A few points of awesome to bring up.

Notice the last two pitchers from the bullpen to make it to home, one Cardinal and one Red, the Cardinal looks like he's about to go at the Red but then stops and they both laugh.

Dusty Baker jawing with LaRussa was great but then when he starts yelling at Carpenter was even better.

Rolen decides to go after Carpenter and send the whole thing to another level, he probably had some words from when they were teammates.

I believe it was Cueto gets pinned between the mob and stands and has to kick his way out at the end.

Without turning this into a Macha bashing thread I wonder what he would have been doing has the Brewers been one of the teams?

Probably standing in the dugout with his arms folded.

I love what BP said, but I don't have any problem with what Yadier Molina did, either. A day after calling the Card's "b(*&es" (which they are), Phillips leads off and wants to tap the catcher's shin guards as if nothing was said? You don't boil the blood one day and then expect to act like all is well the next. Phillips had to figure he was going to start something.

If Molina had done nothing there it would have been almost like agreeing with what was said.

Without turning this into a Macha bashing thread I wonder what he would have been doing has the Brewers been one of the teams?

Actually, he had a quote out there not too long ago, along the lines of, "If there's a fight, I'll be right in there." Macha is a black belt, so you never know.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Actually, he had a quote out there not too long ago, along the lines of, "If there's a fight, I'll be right in there." Macha is a black belt, so you never know.
Part of being a ninja is to only use your powers for good. I would know, I'm a (jerichoholic) ninja.

Molina deserves to be punched just for his eyebrow manscaping.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I love what BP said, but I don't have any problem with what Yadier Molina did, either. A day after calling the Card's "b(*&es" (which they are), Phillips leads off and wants to tap the catcher's shin guards as if nothing was said? You don't boil the blood one day and then expect to act like all is well the next. Phillips had to figure he was going to start something.

If Molina had done nothing there it would have been almost like agreeing with what was said.

Was he trying to tap his shin guards before Molina kicked his bat? His bat was by the shin guard, and he may have been trying to tap it, then Molina kicked the bat when Phillips wasn't looking at him. Then Phillips looked up and tapped the guard quick and walked away to take some swings, at which point Molina stood up to get in Phillips' face. Phillips may have been playing it up to make it look like Molina was starting things, but it kind of looked like Molina kicked the bat, Phillips thought it was a mistake, so he tapped the shin guard.

Either way, the "classiest team in baseball," seems to be the team all the other players hate... how is that possible.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

.Was he trying to tap his shin guards before Molina kicked his bat? His bat was by the shin guard, and he may have been trying to tap it, then Molina kicked the bat when Phillips wasn't looking at him. Then Phillips looked up and tapped the guard quick and walked away to take some swings, at which point Molina stood up to get in Phillips' face. Phillips may have been playing it up to make it look like Molina was starting things, but it kind of looked like Molina kicked the bat, Phillips thought it was a mistake, so he tapped the shin guard.

Either way, the "classiest team in baseball," seems to be the team all the other players hate... how is that possible.

Yeah he tapped it before the kick. If you go to MLB.com and watch the interviews after the game, that's what Molina says started it.

Archived