Brewer Fanatic

2010-08-08 Astros (Wright) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 11-6]

I had a great time at the game today, the funniest thing I have ever seen, after the mini Italian won the race and they were getting off the field, he went to wrong way , going on the warning towards center field and all the other little Winni's went that way to and by the time that caught up to him was in direct center field. i sure it will be all over the news tonight.

I can understand wanting to get Axford some work, since he hadn't pitched since Tuesday and has been used very sparingly over the past couple weeks. I do agree that it would've made more sense to let Capuano carry the 7th and 8th, though. The only thing I can think of is that Macha wants to make sure Cappy is able to go multiple innings on days Parra or Narveson starts, just in case, but that's just speculation.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

So much for the weather forecast. Those storms fizzled just like the Astros pitching today.

I think it was okay for Macha to use Hawkins, Riske, and Axford today. With Narvdog, Parra, and Bush coming up it is likely we'll need Capuano to go multiple innings one of those days. Hawkins and Riske can probably still pitch an inning in two of those three games if needed. Ax hasn't worked for a while and you don't want him to get rusty.

It was nice to see Lo Cain do well today.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was pleasantly surprised to find the ballpark much more comfortable than I'd expected this morning (when it was still raining). Plus a sweep, which is nice even if it comes about as close to as "should sweep" situation as the 2010 Brewers can probably get.

I didn't object to seeing Hawkins and Riske used in a low-leverage setting. I was dismayed by the multiple doubles and warning track power fly outs the 'Stros got off Riske. As our usher asked me, "This is his last year, right?"

In the middle of the game appeared a pleasant reminder that our Brewers are more than just ballplayers:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs249.snc4/39766_1535378190108_1404434242_1397180_286989_n.jpg

Awww! The S.O. asked if Yo had to pay for that. I pointed out that he should be able to afford it.

So - keep up the improvements, Brewers. It'd be nice if you could make some hay this next series.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived