Brewer Fanatic

2010-08-06 Astros (Rodriguez) at Brewers (Bush), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-5]

I'll go ahead and say that funky carom off the side wall makes up for Jason Michaels' pop fly grand slam into the Crawford Boxes last weekend. Great approaches at the plate by everyone in the 9th. Would've been easy for Rickie to swing for the fences after seeing Inglett get it within one, but instead he takes the hanging breaking pitch and dumps it into left to get on base. Hart doesn't try for another walkoff homer and draws a walk, and Prince just focused on making good contact. Awesome all around.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Community Moderator
Great game! Hard to believe that after seeing over 200 Brewers games in person, I never saw that big of a 9th inning comeback--and it happened on my last Brewers game before I move out of state. Also got to meet hawing in person :-)

I'll go ahead and say that funky carom off the side wall makes up for Jason Michaels' pop fly grand slam into the Crawford Boxes last weekend. Great approaches at the plate by everyone in the 9th. Would've been easy for Rickie to swing for the fences after seeing Inglett get it within one, but instead he takes the hanging breaking pitch and dumps it into left to get on base. Hart doesn't try for another walkoff homer and draws a walk, and Prince just focused on making good contact. Awesome all around.

right on the money with your assessment. My first game to watch in real time (on Fox Sports Southwest). really hope this is what I keep on seeing the rest of the season.

Great game! Hard to believe that after seeing over 200 Brewers games in person, I never saw that big of a 9th inning comeback--and it happened on my last Brewers game before I move out of state. Also got to meet hawing in person :-)

Between obsessedwithbrewcrew, hawing & the SO and Prince's double with rage all celebrating the Piglet's pub in fangraphs today...just could not have been a better way to end the day!!! Hope you all enjoyed it...safe travels obsessed. Have fun at the Marlins series next year!

I don't even know where to start. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

OWBC, I was flat out asking the Brewers to come through for you. I love it when they "listen." And I was happy to meet you 'for real' as well.

I had remarked to the SO before the 9th that if I had to choose between successful Brewers and a successful LTR, I'd pick the relationship. However, tonight we were extremely pleased to have both. So now the Brewers are 6-13 in August 6 games since we became a couple. You take what you can get.

I really thought the Inglett Crush (how can there be such a phrase?) was headed foul. Only once we got home and saw the online highlights did we realize it hit the pole. I hope Robin19 was at this game, since his season ticket seats would have afforded a fine view of the path that ball took.

Corey headed for home on Prince's single is usually the kind of play that makes me duck my head and avert my eyes, but this time I confidently watched the whole thing. I just knew he would get in there. I really hope someone was in the chat room rocking rally caps during the 9th.

As Diego occupied the on-deck circle in the 8th, I turned to the SO and said, "Can you hear keyboards melting? That would be Brewerfan's response to Macha replacing Cain with Edmonds." But it seems to have escaped the IGT, at least.

This game reminded me of a sports blurb that appeared recently in Madison's Isthmus newspaper, especially this part (emphasis mine):

Eight games behind St. Louis in the National League's Central Division,

Milwaukee is not among the teams mentioned as playoff contenders. That

has led some grumpy fans to insist that the Brewers trade Prince

Fielder, Corey Hart and possibly others for some quality pitching that

could help them compete next year. But why can't they follow the example

being set by Jim Edmonds and enjoy the hell out of the present?

I know this game doesn't change the Brewers' microscopic chances of making the postseason, but that won't stop me from enjoying the hell out of an exciting, if quirky, comeback.

Nice work, home team.

Edit: I forgot to add that Uecker's call of the game ending play is...what do you guys like to say? epic. It's fortunate for him they didn't have an ending that wacky before he had his heart surgery. It's definitely worth a listen.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I honestly think Hart was out at the plate. The first part of his body that touched the plate was the leg folded under him. His straight leg was up in the air over the plate when he was tagged on the hip. I replayed it several times.

I really hated the replacing of Cain with Edmonds but I think it was the right call. I just really don't like Edmonds.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I honestly think Hart was out at the plate. The first part of his body that touched the plate was the leg folded under him. His straight leg was up in the air over the plate when he was tagged on the hip. I replayed it several times.

I really hated the replacing of Cain with Edmonds but I think it was the right call. I just really don't like Edmonds.

Yeah, he was out, but in real time something like that is nearly impossible to see. I don't think it will be one of those umping mistakes ESPN will talk about all day.

Yeah, it was just a bad slide by Corey. Those long legs just got all tangled up.

If I remember correctly, wasn't Fielder standing at first base just watching the play at the plate develop, and that's where the players mobbed him? That is terrible baserunning. If corey's called out at home, that's what everyone is talking about.

Don't get why Kottaras is catching Bush and not Lucroy, especially against the lefty.
Quoteth the game notes: "Brewers C Jonathan Lucroy wasn't in the lineup, but made it to the ballpark after the birth of his daughter, Ellia Elisabeth, earlier Friday."

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Edit: I forgot to add that Uecker's call of the game ending play is...what do you guys like to say? epic. It's fortunate for him they didn't have an ending that wacky before he had his heart surgery. It's definitely worth a listen.
That call was definitely epic. Nothing against Cory or Davey, but it is great to have Uecker back to make a call like that.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I really thought the Inglett Crush (how can there be such a phrase?) was headed foul. Only once we got home and saw the online highlights did we realize it hit the pole. I hope Robin19 was at this game, since his season ticket seats would have afforded a fine view of the path that ball took.
Yes, I was there. I knew it had the distance as soon as it was hit, but was wishing it fair the entire way. It hit the pole dead on and ricocheted back onto the field.

I was at the game with my dad. My SO got home at 8 and started watching the game. We were texting back and forth the entire time. After Fielder's single I simply texted, "Bedlam ensues". This was one of the more exiting games of 2010.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived