Brewer Fanatic

PNC Club Level [New sponsorship at Miller Park]

Indeed, I was expecting this thread to be a review of the club level at PNC Park. Bet their nachos aren't as good.

On a side note, when did PNC Banks start showing up in Milwaukee? I don't think I've seen one.

It does sound like the Pirates' brass and/or fans could opt to sit there when the Brewers host Pittsburgh and legitimize the nickname "PNC West."

I suppose as corporate entities get bigger - and perhaps as the number of corporate entities that choose to/can afford to do big sports sponsorships shrinks - the chance of a major sponsor appearing more than once in MLB or other sports leagues increases.

Diskono, I believe PNC acquired National City banks. Last year the Major League Moment sponsor was National City, and now it's PNC. You and I wouldn't notice this in Madison, because neither bank name has made it here so far.

Edit: like Diskono, I thought maybe BSC had visited the Pirates' equivalent of the Club Level and was posting a review. So I added a bit of clarification to the thread title.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Judging by the relative pricing of the tickets, Pittsburgers are bigger fans of the club level at PNC park, than Milwaukeans are of the PNC club level at Miller park (PNC park club level tickets were priced higher than our seats 3 rows behind the Brewers dugout at PNC park).

So maybe their fans will sit on that level, when they come here.

Yep, Piggly Wiggly seems strange to me too. They seem to sponsor a lot of stuff, but their stores are almost entirely in small towns, far away from the stadiums.

I

suppose as corporate entities get bigger - and perhaps as the number of

corporate entities that choose to/can afford to do big sports

sponsorships shrinks - the chance of a major sponsor appearing more

than once in MLB or other sports leagues increases.

Here's

an awesome one - the Miami Heat play in American Airlines Arena, and

the Dallas Mavericks play in American Airlines Center. And I think

there are several 5/3 Parks and US Cellular Fields sprinkled throughout

the minor leagues.

Here's an awesome one - the Miami Heat play in American Airlines Arena, and

the Dallas Mavericks play in American Airlines Center. And I think

there are several 5/3 Parks and US Cellular Fields sprinkled throughout

the minor leagues.

I had no idea. They must have loved the 2006 Finals.

Piggly Wiggly seems strange to me too. They seem to sponsor a lot of stuff, but their stores are almost entirely in small towns, far away from the stadiums.

Well, there are fans that live far from stadiums and they buy groceries.

According to shopthepig.com, they do have 20 stores in Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Washington, and Racine Counties.

Yes, PNC bought National City a year or two ago, but just rebranded them in June or July. They also announced that they intend to heavily expand in the Milwaukee marktet over the next couple years, to become one of the top 4 banks in the area.

PNC may be a new name, but the local banks have quite a history. PNC bought National City which bought MidAmerica Bank which bought St Francis Bank which bough Kilbourn State Bank.

How much does the naming change things? Who here is going to say they are going to sit on the "PNC Club Level"? No different than still refering to the "NYCE Stadium Club" as the ".300 Club" or "Metavante Club". If the team gets some money but doesn't effect the way I enjoy the game, so be it.

The biggest difference will likely be in signage and in the need for employees to remember to say/refer to "PNC Club Level" in official communications. So beno has a point. I admit I'd be incensed, though, if the Brewers named anything of theirs for Wrigley.

As for the .300/Metavante/NYCE Stadium club, I'm on the verge of giving up on remembering what to call it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The mention of the new NYCE name, inspired me to search for what this is, as I had no idea. To my surprise:

the NYCE name appears on ATMs and point-of-sale units across the country. FIS executives decided NYCE would be a better fit for a Major League stadium, said Marcous.

“It’s a consumer name that’s actually out there,”

Metavante Club becomes NYCE Stadium Club - The Business Journal of Milwaukee at:

http://milwaukee.bizjourn.../2010/03/22/daily72.html

I guess I'm not "out there" as I had no idea what NYCE was before reading that. But, yeah, I guess NYCE is a better name than FIS club would have been.

Still can't believe they didn't get a deal with Uecker.

Someone should've tipped them off. Today's game brought to you by NYCE. Real. NYCE.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived