Brewer Fanatic

Randy Wolf for Carlos Zambrano

It sounds crazy, maybe as crazy as "Big Z", but I would take the chance. Prior to this year, he's never been over a 4 ERA. He's owed 36M over the next two years, and probably won't qualify for his player vested option in '13 (19.75M). And if he does, that means he's pitching pretty well. A few visits to the shrink and maybe this guy can hold it together. I tend to believe the Cubbies are tired of his antics. So why not buy low?

I don't think I'd want the Brewers to do this trade.

It's basically an even swap as far as service time left on the contracts. The Brewers would be taking on more salary, and acquiring a guy who may or may not become an effective starter again. At least with Wolf you have a guy who is likely going to take the ball every fifth day, give you a chance to win, and has the bonus of not being a locker room cancer headcase.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It sounds crazy, maybe as crazy as "Big Z", but I would take the chance. Prior to this year, he's never been over a 4 ERA. He's owed 36M over the next two years, and probably won't qualify for his player vested option in '13 (19.75M). And if he does, that means he's pitching pretty well. A few visits to the shrink and maybe this guy can hold it together. I tend to believe the Cubbies are tired of his antics. So why not buy low?

His problems aren't in his head. He's got the same head he always had. The Cubs would be fine with his antics if he could still pitch. Heck, they would have tolerated Bradley if he had hit. He's nowhere near the pitcher he was and that's why the Cubs don't tolerate it anymore. A scout who saw him pitch for Iowa was quoted as describing his stuff as "middle reliever stuff at best".

Don't be fooled like Seattle was with Bradley into thinking oh "its all in his head".

Not even if the Cubs picked up the entire salary for Crazy Z would I want him in that clubhouse. No way, never.
It was bad enough that Z was in the Brewers' clubhouse during that Houston hurricane series.

http://verynoice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/omg-do-not-want.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd rather sport a rotation of...

1. Jeff Suppan

2. Geremi Gonzalez

3. Dontrelle Willis

4. Tom Glavine

5. Chuck Lofgren

Then ever bring in Z and that awful contract.

And that would only be a four-man rotation! (sadly)
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Only if we didn't have to give up Wolf, the Cubs paid his entire salary, we traded for him just before a Cubs series, he wasn't allowed in the clubhouse and had to dress in the janitors closet down the hall, no contact with the team. he warms up in the parking lot, and he only comes into the game to bean Cubbies when we are already up 15 runs. Then we DFA him after the series. Then and only then.

Wolf has more value than that. Come on! Say Wolf goes 5-2 with a 3.30 ERA over his last 10 starts (60 innings). That's quite plausible considering his recent form and his numbers down the stretch the last 2 seasons. That would leave him 13-11 with a 4.38 ERA for the year and 24-18 over his previous 2 seasons. He'd have value to many teams. Yeah he's fairly expensive but it would only be a 2 year commitment, and a similar guy like Ted Lilly might be demanding a 3 year deal.

Archived