Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB news that is pointless to say anywhere else thread

Principessa21
  • Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hooray divas

"I talked a lot to Ryan almost every day, but he does his own thing. He's going to do what he wants to do.

"With Prince,

I think he had some issues this year to deal with, the contract

(negotiations) probably being the main thing, and at times he was hard

to talk to. I don't know if there were any guys on the (coaching) staff

that talked a whole lot to him this year."

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

TracyThom wrote:

The placement of Macha's right hand is unintentionally hilarious.

http://media.jsonline.com/images/mjs-brewers07_-spt_-sieu_-15-brewers07(2).jpg

The thing I find most hilarious about that picture is there is a good chance none of those guys are Brewers in the near future.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Remember former Cub Matt Murton? He broke Ichiro record for the most hits in a single season in Japanese Professional Baseball. He didn't do it in the same number of games though, as the season is now 144 games and when Ichiro did it the season was 130 games.

Also, Prince looks thrilled to be in that picture on the Brewers facebook page.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

"The placement of Macha's right hand is unintentionally hilarious."

what i find funny is Macha is the only one in the picture not smiling.

Prince isn't smiling.

you're right. i should have said something alone the lines of "showing emotion."

I'm rewatching the 2008 NLDS game 3 tonight. The TBS team sure didn't want us to forget about Shane Victorino's game 2 grand slam. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif

Believe me, I haven't forgotten. In fact, every time we see him, I refer to him by his full name. His middle name is not allowed on this forum.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Believe me, I haven't forgotten. In fact, every time we see him, I refer to him by his full name. His middle name is not allowed on this forum.
Aw, really? Me too. That's why I love Brewerfan.net: so many like-minded fans.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm rewatching the 2008 NLDS game 3 tonight. The TBS team sure didn't want us to forget about Shane Victorino's game 2 grand slam. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/indifferent.gif

Haha, I feel the same way. I actually used his full name last night when I was out with a buddy at a bar watching the Phils/Reds game. We both brought up the grand slam and were sad.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

"There's 25 guys in here that want him back and that's not sugar coating anything," shortstop Brendan Ryan said after the season finale. "He's our leader, he's the captain of the ship."

Looks like LaRussa is in talks with Cardinals management. Not really that impressive when there are more than 25 guys including September callups. I am willing to bet that Rasmus isn't to thrilled to have LaRussa back.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• 2 weeks later...

Carlos Lee, 2010

Slash Line: .246/.291/.417/.708 FRAA: -15.9 (Fldg. Runs Above Avg.) WAR: -0.8 Dollar Value: -$3M Actual Salary: $18.5M*

* Lee is guaranteed $18.5M each season through 2012

Among players who played enough to qualify, Lee was the second-worst position player in baseball in 2010. I guess El Caballo's only consolation is that Melky Cabrera's dollar value was -$4.9M.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Doug was rebuffed at 4/48 if I recall correctly before dealing El Caballo. He had put up about 42 million in value his first three years in HOU so another league averagish year would have gotten him there. 2010 did indeed happen though. Still, it seems Doug did a pretty decent job of assessing Lee's value.

At quick glance they seem to have almost as much payroll coming off the books as we do going into 2011 with the jettisoning of Oswalt and Berkman. Curious to see just how exactly Wade manages to bungle it up.

Carlos Lee, 2010

Slash Line: .246/.291/.417/.708
FRAA: -15.9 (Fldg. Runs Above Avg.)
WAR: -0.8
Dollar Value: -$3M
Actual Salary: $18.5M*

Among players who played enough to qualify, Lee was the second-worst position player in baseball in 2010. I guess El Caballo's only consolation is that Melky Cabrera's dollar value was -$4.9M.

Dodged two bullets if I remember correctly. Didn't the Yankees try to pawn off Cabrera for Cameron a couple years ago?

Carlos Lee, 2010

Slash Line: .246/.291/.417/.708 FRAA: -15.9 (Fldg. Runs Above Avg.) WAR: -0.8 Dollar Value: -$3M Actual Salary: $18.5M*

Dodged two bullets if I remember correctly. Didn't the Yankees try to pawn off Cabrera for Cameron a couple years ago?

The Yankees wanted the Brewers to take Kei Igawa, too.

My favorite Carlos Lee factoid: Chris Narveson had a higher OPS than he did in 2010.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived