Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB news that is pointless to say anywhere else thread

Principessa21
The point of the picture is to try to show the ball was obviously foul and the ump missed it so ESPN can talk about forcing instant replay into MLB all day. It is misleading because it actually may have been a foul ball and the ump may have been correct.

Watch the replay again. Prior to bouncing over the bag, the ball bounced on the foul line. After passing over the bag, the ball bounced even further away from the line in the field of play. The ball didn't bounce, suddenly curve around the bag, and then land more fair on the next bounce than it was on the previous bounce. If anything, off a RH batter's bat, the ball could have had spin taking the ball towards foul territory, not fair territory (obv. not in this case though).

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw the replay from the Marlins game and it really looks to me like the ball initally bounced foul on the very first bounce which would make it a dead ball. I think it was a good call.

Unless it hit the batter, absolutely not. Here's the rule.

For some reason I thought it was a dead ball but your right. In that case it definitely should have been a fair ball and the ump should have been watching it when it bounced in the outfield.

Geovany Soto is hitting .286/.398/.519 on the year. His .917 OPS is a team best (by .060 points), but 227 of his 262 ABs this season have come from the 7 or 8 hole. Fun to scoreboard watch the 2010 Cubs, but Lou, you're hurting my fantasy team!

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

In that case it definitely should have been a fair ball and the ump should have been watching it when it bounced in the outfield.

1.) It doesn't matter where the ball first bounced (as long as it didn't hit a player)

2.) It doesn't matter where the ball lands in the outfield.

3.) The umpire has to determine if the ball went over the base in fair territory, or past the base in foul territory -- He's in the right position to make the call, he just may have booted it.

2 random thoughts/comments

1) Just once I would love to see Prince push a bunt down the 3rd base line when the shift is on him.

2) Not really a MLB random thought, but, if anyone else was at the game tonight, did you see the guy dressed as Evil Kinevil (spl?) whip out on his Harley in front of the Brewer dugout tonight? Thank goodness he seemed to be all right (except for maybe his pride). But that was one of the most humorous (once I saw he was ok) and ironic things that I have seen in long time.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Tampa Bay is being no hit again! Morrow through 7 with 14 Ks.

Tough ending for Morrow. Hill had a tough play to make for the final out, but it was possible. I was shocked Morrow was pulled after that. He was left in the game to get the final out, finishing with 137 pitchers, 17 K's.

I sure I am glad Melvin was asleep at the wheel this past offseason while Morrow was traded for Brandon League.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

There are numerous posters here who perpetuate a lie claiming there is never any good pitching available in trade, so missed opportunities need to be mentioned twice.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

this thread is for random MLB news. Please take the debate over Melvin and his ability/inability to pick up so-and-so to another or a new thread. This is at least twice in the past 24 hours that a thread starts to go way off topic.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Is it just me or is Escobar starting to show the defense he was touted to have lately. If he does I guess I'll have to admit endaround (I think it was end) was right and defense does take some time to come around in the majors. Well at least for some players:)
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

The inning went groundout, walk, double (now changed to error). This means at this time you pretend there are 2 outs and a runner on first. Next a single, so you assume 2 outs, runners on 1, 2. The next batter popped out, so that would have been 3 outs, no runs scored without the error so all runs scored in the inning are unearned.

Just finished watching the MLB Network's The Club spotlighting the White Sox. Awesome series, esp. the final episode -- which focused on the trade deadline. Think The Homestand, but with a bit of a bigger focus on the front office. Anyone that can watch this should. MLB Network's website has some preview clips of the series, but no full episodes: http://mlbnetwork.mlb.com/network/shows/?id=11429344
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/scoring-change-strengthens-mike-leakes-roy-bid.php

Can someone explain to me how changing the ruling from Milledge getting a double to it now being an error on Rolen erases 6 earned runs?

Leake doesn't have a great shot at ROY, but this sure provides some good evidence as to why ERA shouldn't be relied on too heavily to judge a pitcher.

Leake has 126 IP and this one scoring change lowers his ERA from 3.86 to 3.43.

Huston Street named his son Ripken Ray. Ripken Street. That's awful.

You don't have an Adam Wainwright. Easily the best gentlemen in all of sports. You don't have the amount of real good old American men like the Cardinals do. Holliday, Wainwright, Skip, Berkman those 4 guys are incredible people

GhostofQuantrill

Archived