Brewer Fanatic

Random MLB news that is pointless to say anywhere else thread

Principessa21

I hate to marginalize Dave Bush by posting something about him in the "random MLB news" thread, but it certainly looks like someone has taken liberties with his Wikipedia page. In case it's edited soon:

Baseball career

Bush graduated from Conestoga High School in Berwyn, Pennsylvania, where he was often seen raising barns and played college baseball with Wake Forest University where he was a double major in psychology and sociology. He was drafted by the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in the 4th round of the 2001 amateur draft, but did not sign. The following year he was drafted by the Toronto Blue Jays in the 2nd round of the amateur draft.

He pitched two seasons with the Toronto Blue Jays, compiling a 10-15 record and a 4.15 ERA, before being traded along with Gabe Gross and Zach Jackson to the Brewers for first baseman Lyle Overbay and minor league pitcher Ty Taubenheim.

On three instances in Bush's career he has flirted with a no-hitter,

taking it beyond seven complete innings. The first was on July 20,

2004, while pitching with the Blue Jays in only his third major-league

starting appearance. He took it 7? innings against the Oakland A's until Damian Miller

singled against him. In Milwaukee, Bush's next opportunity came against

his former team of Toronto on June 19, 2008. The very man he was traded

for, Overbay, dashed the no-hit bid with a triple leading off the top

of the eighth inning. Most recently, in an April 23, 2009 game against

the Philadelphia Phillies, he once again took the no-hit bid 7? innings before giving up a home run to Matt Stairs.[1]

Dave Bush was quoted as saying that this was one of the best days of

his life. This was because he was awarded the honor of "Best Player

Named After a Beer." Right before first pitch, the entire crowd cracked a

Busch beer and started singing Lynard Skynard. This was one of the best

moments of his life because Ricky Weeks sprinted in from 2nd base and

started doing the electric slide and jumping around. Prince Fielder was

so happy that he decided to wear a Bobby Estalella mask and sprint

around yelling "Lets go Kansas City Monarchs!" Dave Bush is known for

his pick off move to the center fielder and decided to come out with a

vide called "The CF Pick Off!" He had a 4.54 ERA and went to Wake Forest

for college.

On August 11, 2010 in a game against the Arizona Diamondbacks, Bush became the third player in Major League history to allow four straight home runs, behind Paul Foytack and Chase Wright.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best Wikipedia biography ever. I am literally in tears over this:

"Dave Bush was quoted as saying that this was one of the best days of his life. This was because he was awarded the honor of "Best Player Named After a Beer." Right before first pitch, the entire crowd cracked a Busch beer and started singing Lynard Skynard. This was one of the best moments of his life because Ricky Weeks sprinted in from 2nd base and started doing the electric slide and jumping around."

• 2 weeks later...
Ozzie Guillen's son is, well, a lot like Ozzie Guillen

http://sports.espn.go.com...lb/news/story?id=5966566

It's one thing that he's immature, but he's also disclosing personal information. I wonder how the current players will feel about talking privately to Guillen knowing their business could be made public.

Team unity?

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/01Nkh0K9hheOW/x610.jpg

Milwaukee Brewers' Rickie Weeks, top, reacts with Corey Hart, lower, after both scoring on Prince Fielder's game winning hit in the ninth inning of a baseball game against the Houston Astros Friday, Aug. 6, 2010, in Milwaukee. The Brewers won 6-5.

Link

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

• 4 weeks later...
Yuni'd!
OK, see, my Brewers dorkiness is such that when I see a Madison Metro bus, I associate the route number with whoever wears the corresponding uniform number on the roster. The routes nearest our house are 3, 7, 19 and 58, and I've been riding the 3 to work lately. Now I'll be thinking of it as the Yuni bus. So yes, I feel kind of Yunied. I may have to start getting up earlier again and aim for the Yount. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I was pretty happy the first time I saw a route 37 bus and realized it was no longer the Suppan bus, but the Rogers bus.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Per McCalvy, the Brewers have announced Rick Schlesinger as COO

The Brewers quietly promoted one of their top front office officials this winter, giving Rick Schlesinger the title of chief operating officer. Schlesinger, who has been with the Brewers for more than eight years, had previously been known as the team's executive vice president of business operations.

The team began referring to Schlesinger as COO in January but did not formally announce his new title.

I recall years ago many said Rick S was too negative. That said, you can change my title all you want, unless you pay me more, I don't care.

Reminds me of the Seinfeld when Jerry asked Elaine what her new title at Peterman was, and she proudly said she was an associate.

Link (Cubs blog)

The '11 PECOTA projections are out, and have the Brewers at 75-87. That would be two fewer wins than 2010, & one fewer win than the '10 pythag expected win total. Oh, and the Yankees are pegged for 100 wins. I know a lot of work goes into the projections, but at some point you have to ask 'why bother?'

Link (Cubs blog)

The '11 PECOTA projections are out, and have the Brewers at 75-87. That would be two fewer wins than 2010, & one fewer win than the '10 pythag expected win total. Oh, and the Yankees are pegged for 100 wins. I'm know a lot of work goes into the projections, but at some point you have to ask 'why bother?'

Haven't the PECOTA projections been terrible over the last few years?

Archived