Brewer Fanatic

Oswalt agrees to trade to Phillies

I would prefer another year of Fielder + a Type A comp pick over this kind of junk trade.

J. A. Happ's career MLB stats: 47 games, 31 starts, 217 IP, 84 BB, 159 K, 14-5 W/L, 1.29 WHIP, 3.11 ERA

If that's total junk, then I think we need more junk on our team.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

J. A. Happ's career MLB stats: 47 games, 31 starts, 217 IP, 84 BB, 159 K, 14-5 W/L, 1.29 WHIP, 3.11 ERA

If that's total junk, then I think we need more junk on our team.

He's been getting good results, but he's not a top of the line pitching prospect, and he's certainly not going to be a "Cliff Lee type" like Astros scouts apparently think he'll be.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I find it interesting that Oswalt's currant contact is apparently irrelevant in this discussion.

I saw his contract situation being a fairly large part of the discussion and mentioned multiple times, did it have to be in every single post to be considered relevant for you?

Would you rather be paying $15million or so to Wolf and Hawkins for the next couple years or Oswalt? That is why I hate paying millions for middling production when cheaper similar results can be found in house. Instead of paying a bunch of bullpen and back of the rotation guys $5mm to $7mm that money could be spent getting better than average players instead of stockpiling mediocrity.

although this should improve the Brewers chances within the central over the years to come.

How? It's not like we're chasing the Astros for the division. Now if the Cardinals traded Carpenter or Wainwright for this package, you might have a point.

Archived