Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-28 Reds (Wood) at Brewers (Narveson), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 10-2]

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was it even close? Perfect throw?

It sounded close, but still. There was nobody out, you're down 3 and it was in left field. Why even try for a triple there? What possible gain is getting that one extra base in that situation?

Verified Member
Went to the game today through the 7th. The corner infield defense for the Brewers is extremely bad. Prince and McGehee had makeable plays in the top of the 6th that get Narveson 2 outs. It's really frustrating to see them out there. I guess I realized today that Casey is a platoon player.

Arguing balls and strikes. Slammed his helmet down, which was probably the big no-no that got him tossed.

Also, apparently Brandon Phillips' grand slam either landed in or hit Bernie's slide, according to reports from those who saw it live. I need to see a replay of this.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Also, apparently Brandon Phillips' grand slam either landed in or hit Bernie's slide, according to reports from those who saw it live. I need to see a replay of this.

If gameday's hit thingy is accurate at all, I could believe it.

If gameday's hit thingy is accurate at all, I could believe it.
Haudricourt mentioned that the announced distance was 450 feet. I can't wait to see the Hit Tracker "true distance" for it, assuming they knocked a few feet off for being a visiting player.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Reds announcer on Gomez being thrown out at third.

"Well a ridiculously dumb play by Carlos Gomez to lead the inning off. You're down by three and the play is developing in front of you and you're still trying to go to third."

Community Moderator

Hit tracker (via ESPN) is calling the Phillips bomb 480 ft. Third-longest of the season behind Hamilton (485 ft) and Colby Rasmus (483 ft).

Edit: I believe that also ties 3TO for the longest HR in Miller Park history, but that is unconfirmed.

You know that adage about a bad day at the ballpark still being better than a good day at the office? That was put to the test, once the 6th inning arrived and the game turned into a pumpkin. Nah, it was probably still better, just pretty muggy; and it seemed like lots of people around us were there to talk about everything except the game, even when the game still held some promise.

I happened to be in the restroom when the GS was launched, but the S.O. verifies what you've now already seen via MLB.com highlight. It hit the slide. I guess if the Reds are going to be this successful, they'd better make sure STL doesn't advance instead of them.

I took some photos of Prince's last at-bat (in case it was his last at MP as a Brewer), but I just missed the helmet toss and player toss. But the possible last pitch thrown to him was a called strike three.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived