Brewer Fanatic

Sheets, Spurling, Balfour, Parra - Latest: Partial Tear

Mass Haas
The D-Backs don't really have a scary lefty bat to speak of, but our next opponent has a bat that may evoke thrills. I can't wait to see el gigante flailing like he did against another young Brewer phenom this year. But beyond that, I'm just quite excited about young Manny's ascension. The future is now!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wish the best for Chris Spurling and hope Sheets is fine, but its exciting that Parra could be on the team. With so many young pitchers' careers ended by injury, it's great to see that Manny was able to recover and dominate like he has.

Ahhh I just bought his game worn jersey in Nashville Saturday night (1982 retro Brewers jersey w/ Sounds logo on left sleeve). I was worried I wouldn't get it signed because he'd get called up to Milwaukee or traded.

I just sprained my finger last week Sunday, and it just hurt that night. The next day was when it was swollen, painful, and turned different colors. The pain stayed the same for about 4 days, and now it's starting to feel better. Just in case you guys were wondering if Big Ben and I heal the same way. Should miss1 start and then be back. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Best wishes to Spurling and his family...whatever it is, I hope it works out fine.

Good luck to Manny! (If you get the chance.) I've been excited about him for awhile now and am really looking forward to seeing him in a Brewers uniform.

If he is indeed on the team tonight, congratulations to Manny. It's nice to see a guy like him succeed (by which I mean, a guy who had to deal with a ton of injury problems). If he's only here for the short-term, I hope he gets into a game before he gets sent back down.

If there was any confusion while I spent 15 minutes locking the other Sheets/Parra/Balfour/Spurling thread, I apologize.

However, I can't see such a thread going 15 minutes without a post. ezBoard slowness must have been affecting everyone.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

15 days puts Sheets comeback right after the double-header. So I count 3 starts until then. If Gallardo starts all three, that only leaves him with about 8 more starts in Aug/Sept/Oct. Parra has as many innings as Gallardo right now, and is probably under a tigher limit, so he's in the pen.

Does Villaneuva get the call if they are really worried about watching Parra and Gallardo's innings?

It's not bad news if the "further tests" don't find any additional damage. I would assume if he popped a tendon like Zumaya, it would have shown up in an MRI and he would have been in more pain than just when he was supplying pressure on an object like a baseball.

As for Gallardo taking his starts, my guess is that when Sheets returns, Gallardo will go back to the pen for 2-3 weeks and his permanent return to rotation will get pushed back to mid August.

Nationally, this news will prompt all the pundits to write off the Brewers. If Parra and Balfour perform well, it could end up being a net positive. If all goes well and Sheets returns in 2 weeks, he'll be that much stronger and fresh for the stretch.

I share the Parra excitement, but my sense of dread over the Sheets situation is overpowering. We've barely gotten 100 innings out of him and I was looking forward, unrealistically, for him to continue anchoring us against streaks and taking us strongly into the dangerous months of August and September. This still may happen, and let's pray that it does.

Crazy.. beyond ZJ and Inman, who's left in the farm system we are excited for? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm 'guarded optimistic' about this, it could either go fantastically well and force us into a good problem (To many good players to few spots) or horribly wrong where we have head case issues like Hendrickson and Eveland. I just hate how I'm going to miss a fair chunk of the game to kickball.

15 days puts Sheets comeback right after the double-header. So I count 3 starts until then.

Wouldn't he most likely make one start in AAA before being ready, however? That would probably push it to 4 starts.

Cappy didn't make any rehab starts, did he? If he really is only down 2-3 weeks, he might be fine with the same routine they used for Cappy.

The only way Vargas gets dealt now is if they use Villy for the time being, as they will still need a few weeks of Vargas in August if Yo takes all of Ben's starts.

Brittle Ben shows up again. This really sucks he cannot stay healthy.

He is going to miss at least 3 starts. If the Brewers give him a rehab start it will be 4 starts, but they did not give Cappy a rehab start.

Good chance for these young guys to show their stuff off.

Archived