Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-27 Reds (Volquez) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 12-4]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I saw Yo give up a bunch of groundballs though the infield. Am I apparently the only one who thinks the result of those is COMPLETE luck? I know announcers ignore that stuff but do we have to?
Shhhhhhhh... your logic will just confuse us.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I saw Yo give up a bunch of groundballs though the infield. Am I apparently the only one who thinks the result of those is COMPLETE luck? I know announcers ignore that stuff but do we have to?
If you watched the game you could tell that Gallardo just got rocked. Alot of hard hit balls.

As much as I hate to see the Brewers lose, this is probably a good time for it. A win tonight may have convinced Melvin we are still "in it", and probably had a significant impact on his approach to the trade deadline. Maybe, just maybe, a night like tonight shows him just how far away we are from being "in it" and helps him put a deal or two together this week.

Well...the win streak seems poised to end with a thud.

Does anyone else wish for an actual 25-man roster of 25 playable men, or is it just me?

Well, gee, no. It's much more exciting to see shortstops in the outfield and pitchers used as pinch runners and pinch hitters, right? RIGHT???
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If you watched the game you could tell that Gallardo just got rocked. Alot of hard hit balls.

Some balls were hit hard but 5 of the 10 hits he gave up were on ground balls. Hell, the results of hard hit balls has a lot of luck involved. But we are just supposed to ignore all that, apparently.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't rely exclusively on the result of a ball in play to determine if it was a good or bad pitch.

Some balls were hit hard but 5 of the 10 hits he gave up were on ground balls. Hell, the results of hard hit balls has a lot of luck involved. But we are just supposed to ignore all that, apparently.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't rely exclusively on the result of a ball in play to determine if it was a good or bad pitch.

Any way you cut it, it was a bad outing. Some bad luck involved? Sure. But it was still a lousy outing for the guy who is supposed to be our "ace."
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Aw man, now they're batting the pitcher!

Edit: I guess this blows my theory of the Brewers' playing at 1.000 with Uecker back in the booth. Well, as Bob said, "Pack this one away and forget about it."

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Any way you cut it, it was a bad outing. Some bad luck involved? Sure. But it was still a lousy outing for the guy who is supposed to be our "ace."

The results were lousy. And if I see a guy put ace in quotes one more time, I'm going to break down and cry. It's just a silly subjective label that people use any way they see fit. I mean, a true ace never loses when the fans of his team are emotionally invested in the outcome of the game.

The results were lousy. And if I see a guy put ace in quotes one more time, I'm going to break down and cry. It's just a silly subjective label that people use any way they see fit. I mean, a true ace never loses when the fans of his team are emotionally invested in the outcome of the game.

When you have given up 5 or 6 hard hit balls by the 3rd inning, its probably a bad outing. He actually got lucky that Phillips decided to go for 3 in the first or it probably would of been worse.

Just got back from the game and had a few comments.

When I looked at the clock at it was coming up @ 2 hours in the 4th, I knew it was gonna be a long game. Coffey was near his record, and even the sausages I think ran double speed to end the game sooner.

Yo didn't look good at all, however it seemed every single ball was either up the middle or in the gap. They just hit them were we ain't. Any of those hard hit balls were at a fielder and we get out of the inning relatively unscathed

I do have to admit, after the first play of the game I had a feeling it was going to be a 12-10 game. Turns out I was half right.

Yes, the results were lousy, but that's probably because Gallardo just didn't pitch very well last night. No one on here is saying Gallardo is a bad pitcher or that he sucks, just that he didn't have a good game last night. I'm not sure why you're defending this point so vociferously.

And you're criticizing my use of the term, "ace?" Nitpicking very much, are you?

I'm disappointed I missed Joe Inglett pitching. I fell asleep when BA and Rock were comparing and contrasting Prince's beard to a cameraman's beard. The highlights are pretty amusing, though.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived