Brewer Fanatic

Top Pitching propects on the radar gun / Rogers hits 101 in latest start

jjjf44

Jeffress I heard was still hitting high 90's, Mark Rogers I believe earlier in the year was reported to regained most of his velocity and can still pump it up there pretty good (my guess is he would be topping out about 96-97mph compared to the 100's he use to hit), Scarpetta is right around Peralta topping out round 95-96. Arnett tops out around 97 according to reports I have heard (straight as an arrow though). Outside of those few guys I am not to sure

I don't think Scarpetta has that much heat. I thought he was more 90-92 touching 94. Jeffress has hit 99-100 a few times this year.

Rivas has also touched mid-90's, but he does work much closer to 90.

Chris Cody has hit 82 a few times this year...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I don't think Scarpetta has that much heat. I thought he was more 90-92 touching 94.
I've listened to three games that he pitched in this season. In two of them he was sitting 92-93 and in the other one he was sitting 90-91 but there was an article recently about him that stated that Scarpetta got up to 96 mph with recent mechanic changes.

I don't think Scarpetta has that much heat. I thought he was more 90-92 touching 94. Jeffress has hit 99-100 a few times this year.

Rivas has also touched mid-90's, but he does work much closer to 90.

Chris Cody has hit 82 a few times this year...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've heard a lot of variation regarding Scarpetta and Rivas.

Rivas's change has to make that 92 looks so much harder though. IF he can get that slider going to the point where it's at least an average pitch, he's going to be a valuable and cheap #4, maybe #3 for us in the future.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

• 4 weeks later...
Steve Wendt has noted in each of Tyler Thornburg's last two starts that he's been nasty this summer, pitching in the mid-90s and touching as high as 98. That goes along with a hard spike curve and improving change (again, courtesy of Steve's call).

Ok...I love this topic. It would be amazing to have a staff with at least 3 or 4 of these mid-90's pitching (not throwing) guys. With their age similarities it would definitely seem feasible in 2011 and 2012...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

Rogers is throwing 93-96 this evening according to Montgomery's scoreboard, and has touched 97-98.

That is some serious, serious heat for a starting pitcher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Guys we have not heard one way or another yet that I would be interesting in:

Matt Miller

Maverick Lasker

Stosh (you try to spell that last name w/o looking)

Tim Dillard

Adrian Rosario

Mike Fiers

Dan Meadows

Jon Pokorny

Robert Wooten (remember him?)

Can anyone help? I think I remember Woot topping out at 90 working mostly 87-89.

I'm pretty sure Isom/Hook recently stated that Efrain Nieves tops out at 90-91.

Archived