Brewer Fanatic

Time for Wolf to step it up

Yes, the bullpen has been an issue as it was in 2010, but the offense has been ok. The rotation has been very good. We're currently 2 games ahead of that season. They were 37-48 at the 75 game mark (this year's all-star break). Our worst case scenario is 38-47, but I'm optimistic that we'll be 42-43 heading into the break. Given our strong starting pitching, I'm comfortable that we can remain competitive in the second half. I definitely appreciate the goal of trying to revive an old thread with some voodoo magic. I fully believe in the baseball gods...they're almost as cruel as the golf gods.

I find it very, very interesting that the Thornburg and Burgos, the number one options at each of the top 2 levels are both starting the same day as Wolf. Wolf likely won't start again for almost 2 weeks. Lets hope he can manage to keep them in the game today.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Should have traded Wolf in the off-season when his value was highest. Yes, 20/20 hindsight and what not but more than a few people were calling for a regression this season.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived