Brewer Fanatic

Jim Edmonds hints at retirement

ilovebeer

Here's a link. You don't have to read far.

"I figure this is probably going to be the last nine weeks I get to

play. I'm definitely not going to spend that on the DL if I don't have

to. If I can still go out there and play, I'm going to play.

I admire your effort and desire, Jim. But at times, it feels as if the Brewers are forcing this man to go out and hurt his body more as if we have zero options for CF. Carlos Gomez is who everyone thought he would be. Maybe management feels Cain just isn't ready yet, which could be true. I'm just glad Cain is getting regular PT rather than rot on the bench.

Quoth Jim Edmunds:[/url]

[/b]

I’m going to play these last nine weeks like they’re my last, and we’ll see how it goes...

I’m not surprising myself. I’m not here to sit on the bench or not help out. I’m going to play until I explode.

I figure this is probably going to be the last nine weeks I get to play. I’m definitely not going to spend that on the DL if I don’t have to. If I can still go out there and play, I’m going to play.

I still have the same instincts I’ve always had and I really haven’t lost a step because I never had a step to begin with. I’m going to play until I can’t play anymore, and that will be it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

RockCoCougars]The guy has been playing pretty well lately. I say that they sell high and trade him for a 26 year old AA ball pitcher with 'upside'.
I don't know if you're being sarcastic because you don't think Edmonds will bring back much of anything in trade (which is probably pretty much true), or you really think we should just keep him around the rest of the season for whatever reason.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I've really enjoyed watching Edmonds play this year. I'm completly in the (very vocal) Brewerfan camp that Cain and other younger players should be getting more playing time, but Edmonds has certainly earned every minute he's been on the field. That being said, I would totally be ok with trading him to a contender for a A or AA pitcher with some upside if there was someone who wanted a veteran on the bench. I'm sure that he wouldn't mind playing a supporting role for a playoff team.

Edmonds has no business being out there in CF with that injured achilles. I admire his toughness but despite the cool catches he does make, there have been plenty of balls he hasn't come close to that Gomez or Cain would have easily tracked down.

Archived