Brewer Fanatic

The longest fan out on the field incident I have ever seen

molitor fan
This was crazy. In Baltimore a college kid literally gets winded and has to ask to get arrested after jumping onto the diamond and running around for over two minutes as the cops just let him do what he wants. Not sure the Philly tasering was the right call either, but come on, this is just silly.http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/blog/big_league_stew/post/Security-shrugs-as-O-s-mope-runs-laps-around-Cam?urn=mlb-257721

I hope that those cops and security were told to act this way, otherwise, those were the laziest cops I've ever seen. That one broke into a jog for about 10 yards, and said 'screw it'. I think towards the end, I could read the kid's lips and he said 'Tase me bro".

I hope that those cops and security were told to act this way, otherwise, those were the laziest cops I've ever seen.
It did almost look as though the security staff had been instructed not to make contact with the guy. It makes me appreciate the more motivated approach taken by MP field security on the occasions they've had someone to apprehend.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I hope that those cops and security were told to act this way, otherwise, those were the laziest cops I've ever seen.
It did almost look as though the security staff had been instructed not to make contact with the guy. It makes me appreciate the more motivated approach taken by MP field security on the occasions they've had someone to apprehend.
You can say that again.

I can't stand it when people run on the field. It's right up there with bringing a beach ball in. Why?? I agree these fans that go on the field should be dealt with severely. All they do is disrupt the game and make asses of themselves. I would love for a player to tackle a fan or something, but the problem with that is that you don't know what that person's motivation is. They may be trying to draw a player close to them to do them harm. Or if a player tackles them, who knows if the person has knife, needle, etc., on themselves. I say pepper spray and tase 'em all. Ban them from games.

The way the kid was just running around, it seemed to me like his plan might have been to get tased/tackled/whatever so he could be "famous" like the kid that was tasered. Maybe he wanted to get hurt so he could sue. Who knows?

Maybe if they'd stiffen the penalties it would stop. $10,000 non-negotiable fine and 2 weeks in jail would do the trick.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I have a feeling the cops/security didn't make much of an effort because it was pretty apparent that the kid was harmless and that he was going to tire himself out. They had the exits blocked, so he wasn't going anywhere.

I saw that today on espn, that would never happened in Milwaukee, the security and grounds crew would have had in in a minute, In 1992 i went to see the Brewers play in Baltimore, the weekend after Robin's 3000 hit, one of the games, about 6 Brewer fans ran onto the field and wanted to congratulate Robin on his 3000 hit, a inning earlier, he was taken out of the game and they all ran to the Brewer dugout., and no I was not one of them to run of the Field.

I was at a game a few years ago when somebody ran onto the field at MP. He made it all the way around the bases only to have security waiting for him at home plate. He juked out the officer and dove onto home plate. I, along with the rest of MP, cheered when he "scored".

I agree though, fines and jail time should be increased to prevent people from doing this. Besides the above example, most of these incidents are a nuisance and should be dealt with appropriately.

Archived