Brewer Fanatic

MLB Roster Management thread

TooLiveBrew

I realize Brewerfan addresses some of this in the FAQ link, but there are so many permutations & special cases when it comes to MLB transactions -- involving options, arbitration, Super-Two status, etc. -- that it seems to me it'd be helpful to have one place where BF members can browse information & also ask questions. I know there have been many detailed discussions of these kinds of things on the forums over the years, but they seem spread out in many different threads. Ideally this thread, or one the BF.net staff compiled, would be stickied atop the MLB forum.

Here are some more useful links:

---> by Keith Law (8.3.06), for BaseballAnalysts.com (discussion in comments beneath article, too)
---> by Mike Axisa of RiverAveBlues (excellent Yankees blog; entry includes excerpt from ESPN chat with Law)

And, please, anything else that people can contribute, by all means share it here -- whether it's another website, an email from TH answering a specific question, etc. If it'd be appropriate, I'd ask any mod to edit a useful link or rule into this lead post. I'm sure I've already overlooked some good resources, but this list isn't a bad start.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For example, in reading the comments of Law's "Death, Taxes, and ML Waivers", there's this:

By the way, I learned something new myself, courtesy of an MLB insider who'd prefer not to be named: A player can only earn super-two status if he had at least 86 days of service in that most recent championship season. So if a player has service time of 2.115 entering 2006, then gets 35 days of service to get to 2.150 (a number that would ordinarily guarantee that he became a super-two player), he wouldn't become a super-two because he didn't reach the 86 days required in the current season.

Neat factoid: this response comes indirectly in reply to a question from a user named "battlekow" http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Thanks for starting this topic, TooLive. I've added it to the board's Resource List and linked to it in the Transaction Rumors / Proposals Forum FAQ. Also, some ancient discussion of a somewhat similar nature has been split from the Transactions FAQ and closed; this topic can supersede it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived