Brewer Fanatic

Future of the Texas Rangers in question

Invader3K
North/south isn't really the issue. It's the climate. Atlanta and San Diego are at latitudes similar to Arlington. Atlanta isn't as hot as Dallas, and San Diego is generally quite comfortable.

Yes and Atlanta is more humid than Dallas and so likely just as uncomfortable. St. Louis can be very hot and humid in the summer, as well.

Miller park with the roof closed on a warm humid day is also very uncomfortable...but this does not seem to have much impact on attendance. Here, as most places, it is all about how the team has done recently.

I just heard this on the radio this morning..... In bankruptcy court Nolan Ryan said the team hasn't been able to replace the video board in Centerfield which is 16+ yrs old. They had to shut down a minor league team they have in the Dominican, and some other major thing they can't afford. Wow, I didn't know that. Having to disband one of your minor league teams thats serious. Also, apparently Nolan Ryan wasn't aware the team had more leverage to go out and spend money in the offseason. The judge said they could of had access to money by asking major league baseball or the creditors. Apparently this came as news to Nolan Ryan the team president. Thats just amazing to me. This whole situation is becoming a huge mess.

MSC,

hey man a fellow Texan who's a Brewers fan how cool is that? I have plans on going down to Houston in September to catch a Brewers game. Any chance you might be able to go? What part of DFW do you live in? I'm assuming somewhere close to Fort Worth. Maybe the Hurst, Euless, Bedford area?

Probably because there's no real valid reason to exclude Mark Cuban. "We're afraid he'd spend a lot of money" doesn't seem like a very convincing argument to put in front of a bankruptcy judge. Especially since MLB has done a lot to lionize Steinbrenner recently.

Robert

Yeah, there's probably no reason to keep Cuban from bidding if the team is that close to financial disaster, but I still find it a little surprising considering he was the highest bidder for the Cubs and baseball didn't let him make the cut when Sam Zell narrowed the field down to five bidders. Cuban's group reportedly offered $1.2 billion back then, and Ricketts ending up buying them for $900 million.

I'd personally love to see Cuban in baseball. Yeah, he spends boatloads of cash, but he's also not as controlling as Steinbrenner was while being more media friendly. I think it'd be a good thing for the game overall.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Any chance you might be able to go? What part of DFW do you live in? I'm

assuming somewhere close to Fort Worth. Maybe the Hurst, Euless,

Bedford area?\

I won't be able to make that series because I'm blowing all of my PTO for the year on spring training, a trip to WI next week, and a trip to Japan this winter.

I'm commuting from near Denton right now while I wait to finally close on my new house in White Settlement.

Archived