Brewer Fanatic

Gatorade Presents MLB 2010: The Homestand - Milwaukee

I just got done watching it and really enjoyed it although I don't think I would have been nearly as interested if it wasn't the Brewers. I thought it was interesting that Braun wasn't really shown in the entire show. I loved the comment by Attanasio about how he speaks to Melvin everyday to keep up to date on everything as the owner but really he just is a fan who wants to know what is going on.

Anyone know when it will replay on MLB Network? Or if ESPN will show it again?
My TimeWarner guide showed a rebroadcast Sunday at 4:00 PM. I don't think it was ESPN, though, maybe MLB Network. Channel 1324 stands out in my mind, if you're Milwaukee area TimeWarner.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

It was entertaining to me as a Brewers fan, but overall, it was nothing too special. Nowhere close to HBO's Hard Knocks (I believe the show on MLB Network about the White Sox is supposed to be more like that, although I missed the first episode). I was expecting more depth in the behind-the-scenes stuff, but it really all just stayed on a very superficial level.

I did enjoy the camerawork and production values - very well put together show.

I, too, thought it was funny that Braun was non-existent except for a game highlight.

I agree, production value was outstanding. Content...not so much. Probably not fair to Macha, but I they had a pitchers meeting before the Rangers series, with Peterson leading the meeting. Macha didn't say a word or really even look engaged in the conversation. Could just be how it was edited, but I couldn't help but notice that.

I thought it was great. Any chance to get a little more Brewers content out here is great with me! Seeing Casey's kid running around was pretty cool...he looked good. The overall vibe on the team has always seemed pretty good with these guys. They've created a good environment that guys want to play for. I hope they can keep that feel after they make some more substantial player moves over the next couple years.

I was really hoping to see Braun's abs at some point, but oh well.

I wished they would have focused less on the game and more on the behind the scenes stuff. The best parts for me were probably when Peterson addressed the pitchers and when Koterass made a mound visit to basically give the pitcher a rest.

I wonder why there was no Braun?
They focused a lot on the players who had a big impact on the game. They focused on McGehee and his family after he got the game winning hit off Marmol. They focused on Gomez when he scored the winning run from 1st on a bunt. They focused on Riske coming back from TJ surgery. They focused on the player's families and I don't think Braun has a wife or kids so it's easy to see why they didn't have Braun in there.

I wished they would have focused less on the game and more on the behind the scenes stuff. The best parts for me were probably when Peterson addressed the pitchers and when Koterass made a mound visit to basically give the pitcher a rest.

The link above states that the Brewers didn't want everything taped. So it makes perfect sense IMO why they did what they did. They didn't want everyone to know their plans/strategy/etc.

Archived