Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-16 Brewers (Wolf) at Braves (Hanson), 6:35 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-3]

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've seen Prince take some crazy hacks, but I don't know if he's swung at many pitches harder than he swung at that he pulled down the line. It's awesome to get these insurance runs.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Horrible baserunning by Weeks, but my god Fischer might as well be flipping a coin when he decides on sending a runner. Couns was surprised to be held up there too.

Agree 100%, I was gonig to say I dont even blame Rickie for that because by that was a free run for Counsell and he was only held because there were 0 outs. Fischer is terrible, its like he doesnt even watch the ball, if theres 0 outs its an automatic hold.

Nice defense. Hang with em Lo.

He stands really far from the plate. Think that will change after he gets more comfortable in the bigs?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I don't think this is what Trevor Hoffman envisioned for pitching in the ninth inning, but three outs are three outs, and a win is a win!
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I was at the game last night and had no idea that Cain had been called up. All of a sudden I saw a guy on the scoreboard about to pinch hit and didn't recognized him. Right before he was announced, I said, "Is that Cain?"

And yeah, he hit the hell out of that ball. My brother thought his quick hands hand hips reminded him of Paul Molitor. After the game, the guys who were left in the bullpen (looked like Lucroy, Villy, Axford, and maybe the bullpen catcher?) gave him hugs before going to the dugout. Then he stopped to sign autographs for some young Brewers fans down the third base line. It was funny - he kept signing and signing, and from my vantage point in the upper deck, it looked like he was conflicted about whether he should stay or go. It seemed like he was the only Brewer left on the field and he thought he should go into the clubhouse, but he wanted to be a good guy and keep signing. It was kind of funny.

In other notes, Hoffman looked great, which was really nice to see. Also, surprisingly good crowd in Atlanta. Even though we were handling the Braves, every time they scored or had a rally, the crowd was acting like they won the World Series. Don't remember the fans being that into a regular season game, especially while losing, in a while.

Archived