Brewer Fanatic

The Trade Value of Dave Bush

What is the trade value of Dave Bush? I think he would be an excellent 4/5 guy for a club making a playoff run.

Per Joepepsi

"9 appearances, 8 starts. Averaging better than 6 ip per start. 7/8 in

quality starts-(the other start: 6ip, 4ER). 97 pitches per start.

In

all, 50ip, 2:1 K:BB, 3.06ERA, .262 BAA, .318 oba, .424 slg. BAbip:

.283."

Per Ennder

"He had a 4.96 xFIP in June and has a 4.51 xFIP in July so it is pretty

much just random fluctuation."

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I believe the Padres would be the most interested team in Bush but there are better options out there but cost wise for a prospect Bush will probably be the cheapest option available. The Padres are going to start to shut Latos down for a bit to keep his IP down so the Padres are going to be looking to add another starter to their rotation though the Padres really need a bat more than a starting pitcher. The only other team I can think of that would need another starter are the Phillies and the Red Sox and I'm not sure the Red Sox would really want to trade for Bush.

I believe the Brewers could easily get a teams 30th to 40th ranked prospect for Bush or a AAAA type player.

brewers will hold on to bush similarly to how arizona kept Davis. The return wont be good enough for the consequences, making fans annoyed.

Bush leaves after this year so anything for Bush would be a plus. If we were competing for the playoffs it would make some sense to hold onto Bush but since we are not, we might as well get something for him.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I agree that both Davis (until he was just sent back to the DL) or Bush in a deal with Hart to the Giants for Sanchez and Neal would work. The Giants are not trading Bumgardner or Sanchez for Hart without getting pitching back ... So In short I think Bush's best value is with Hart or Fielder

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Interesting linktalking about SP trades that might happen. I would think if someone has their main SP, but need some improvement at the end of the rotation, they would make a trade for Bush.

I bet we could get a similar return to the Gabe Gross deal (Josh

Butler). Basically, some other teams' Evan Fredrickson or slightly

better.

Wow. WAY undervaluing a MLB average SP like Bush. Gross was a backup OF. I would expect a return of someone like Butler is now (AA/AAA SP looking like a MLB 4/5 type) as opposed to Bulter then (A-ball looking like a failed draft pick).

But as others have said Bush in a package deal is more likely...

Bush might actually be cheaper to sign next year as a FA if he was traded than to retain. It's all part of the wonky affects of arbitration that guys who are just good enough can often do better that last year or so of arby or if the team tries to hold onto them than on the actual open market. Either on his own or as an add on to make another deal work he has a decent amount of trade value particularly to a team that lost a starter to injury.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I was wondering what his arby numbers might look like for next year. Brewers might be better off letting him go for picks (if his numbers keep up, he might be a type A). But I don't know if they would chance him accepting arby...

Bush was so bad last year after his injury, it'd be almost impossible for him to even be a Type B FA.

I've suggested pairing Bush up with a bat for a young SP who is about equal this year, but has a far higher ceiling. Think how good he'd be pitching half his games in LA or SD, where HR's go to die.

Its tough to determine Bush's value, because there hasn't been many pitchers his caliber traded the last few years. The top guys have been traded, and thats it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Bush is not going to get you more than a Rivas type, a lower level prospect who could see the bigs, but does not have a high ceiling. Maybe 2 of those guys if they're in A ball.

As CV has proven though, some of them make it.

Well if the Padres are interested it would likely net you a package like Inman, Thatcher and Garrisson. I'm not really joking either.

Kyle Blanks is another guy that would interest me a lot for Bush. He's been hurt all year and got rushed to the majors last year because his bat was ready and they had no room at 1B for him. At 6'6 270 ish the fans wouldn't even realize he'd replaced Prince next year.

At 6'6 270 ish the fans wouldn't even realize he'd replaced Prince next year.
6 inches makes a difference, especially at first. I've watched Blanks play and he's pretty good. Would be a much better defensive 1B than Prince.

Kyle Blanks is another guy that would interest me a lot for Bush.

There is no way the Padres would give up Blanks for Bush. That would be roughly comparable the Brewers giving up Cain to get a guy like Bush.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

After tonight's game this thread should probably be locked
No not really. Even if Bush pitched great tonight and threw a perfect game his stock really wouldn't have went up at all you still would have gotten the same type and amount of prospects in return for Bush. Every team knows what they would have to give up for Bush and it is not all that much either. I stand by the AAAA player is where Bush's return value is at.

Archived