Brewer Fanatic

Gamel

McGehee would be an awful hitting 1B. His OPS is about 60 points below league average at 1B. McGehee would fit best playing 2B on a different team.
No GM in their right mind would ever think about trading for McGehee and playing him at 2B. McGehee is just not healthy or athletic enough to play 2B and right now with McGehee he is either a 1B or a 3B. This is why I see the Angels as being a perfect fit for McGehee.

McGehee would be an awful hitting 1B. His OPS is about 60 points below league average at 1B. McGehee would fit best playing 2B on a different team.
No GM in their right mind would ever think about trading for McGehee and playing him at 2B. McGehee is just not healthy or athletic enough to play 2B and right now with McGehee he is either a 1B or a 3B. This is why I see the Angels as being a perfect fit for McGehee.

McGehee can't play 2B based on what? He was injured last season and was still an above average 2B, and he was terrible at 3rd. Now that his knee is fixed, he's only bad at 3rd, which is an improvement from last year.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

He can't play 2B based on the fact that he doesn't cover enough ground to even handle 3B well. With even more ground to cover at 2B, he would be a mess. Please don't tell me you think he can be an avg. or above-avg. 2B based on 179 2/3 innings there in '09.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

McGehee can't play 2B based on what? He was injured last season and was still an above average 2B, and he was terrible at 3rd. Now that his knee is fixed, he's only bad at 3rd, which is an improvement from last year.
Base on his limited range at 3B.

Braun has no fielding instincts. At least in the outfield his athleticism can make up for some of that.

Why would Braun's so-called lack of instincts be a bigger factor at 1B than LF? Why would his athletism help him more in LF than 1B? What I do know is he is really poor tracking flyballs, and thats a pretty big factor in playing LF.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived