Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-13 MLB All-Star Game, 7:00 PM CDT [National League wins, 3-1]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone really needs to check to see that Bud Selig's hair is in place before he goes on camera.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

amazing to think that, prior to tonight, the last time the NL won the All-Star Game I was finishing up college.

Pretty much a rolling-eyes (and wrists) ASG for the Brewers: 0-4, 3 K, 1 GDP, 1 DNP.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

All the Braves guys seem really excited. Sure, McCann had the big hit, but it seems like they believe this game is for THEIR home field advantage.

Wouldn't be the first time a whole team was delusional.

I think it'd be cool if two GMs would concoct a plan to trade an all-star player in the middle of the all star game. They put the plan in motion a week before the game, including having a new uniform at the ready, and then, after a couple of innings they announce the deal and the player goes and changes uniforms. Would be awesome if it was a guy in the starting lineup.

Will never happen but it'd be neat.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

amazing to think that, prior to tonight, the last time the NL won the All-Star Game I was finishing up college.

Pretty much a rolling-eyes (and wrists) ASG for the Brewers: 0-4, 3 K, 1 GDP, 1 DNP.

What's amazing to me is that the last time the NL won the ASG, the Brewers were in the AL. Growing up I couldn't wait for the ASG because it was one of the few times a year I'd get to see a MLB game (there weren't too many games on network TV in central WI in the late-1980s to mid-1990s). I always rooted for the AL, but it always seemed that the NL would win. Then the Brewers switched leagues and then the NL could never win. I figured that the Brewers jinxed the NL...I guess it just takes 13 years or so for that to wear off.

I too realized last night that the last NL win was when the Brewers were in the AL. 1996 was also what the Brewers call our "rookie season" for having season tickets (we did in 1993 and '94 as well, but skipped 1995 due to the strike - so seniority-wise, we date back to '96) - that's what makes it feel like a long time ago to me.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived