Brewer Fanatic

Geoff Jenkins for Schroeder in booth

bobskube
Schroeder is not the most pleasurable person off air either unless he is running his fantasy camp. Do you remember the Promo "Bill's Grill?" He lost that Piggly Wiggly spot to Jerry Garcia and was not happy about it. He then proceeded to curse Jerry out the next time he saw him. IMO, Schroeder needs to go.

Ah, so that's how I got the idea in my head that the Jerry Garcia commercials were done at Bill's house.

To be fair, I'd probably swear at Chef Jerry Garcia too, if I ever saw him.

Schroeder is not the most pleasurable person off air either unless he is running his fantasy camp. Do you remember the Promo "Bill's Grill?" He lost that Piggly Wiggly spot to Jerry Garcia and was not happy about it. He then proceeded to curse Jerry out the next time he saw him. IMO, Schroeder needs to go.

Ah, so that's how I got the idea in my head that the Jerry Garcia commercials were done at Bill's house.

To be fair, I'd probably swear at Chef Jerry Garcia too, if I ever saw him.

Jerry just got canned from Hotel Metro too. Kinda ironic. Maybe Bill will follow suit. One could hope.

Jerry just got canned from Hotel Metro too. Kinda ironic. Maybe Bill will follow suit. One could hope.
Wait, that guy actually had a job in like, a real professional kitchen? I thought he was just some corporate dude from Piggly Wiggly.

I've heard from someone somewhat connected that Sutton and Schroeder did not get along at all.

As far as Schroeder, I guess I'm just not as picky about TV announcers as some. Most announcers will re-use stock phrases over and over. I think Schroeder brings enough to the table to still be entertaining enough. Anderson has grown on me quite a bit.

I'm generally not picky either who calls sporting events i watch. That said, if given the option to replace Schroeder with someone like Cirillo, i'd be all for it. I've grown tired of Bill saying the same stuff over and over and over again. For example, nearly every damn time a 3-2 pitch is thrown and taken by a hitter, Bill says how could he take that pitch? Doesn't matter if it resulted in a walk, Bill let's us know that basically he would never take a 3-2 pitch unless it was gonna hit him in the face.

In the end though, even if i'd prefer Bill be replaced, he's not annoying enough to make me turn the sound on mute and if i'm buzzed, some of his dumb comments can crack me up.

I don't mind Schroeder. He can get on my nerves sometimes, but all in all he does a good job.

You mean "still in all" (or is it "still and all"), don't you? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I don't think I could handle jenks. And I'm not crazy about schroeder either. How about Plesac? I like him on MLB.

And I agree with an earlier post that Davey Nelson is better on the radio than TV. Here's a common line from Davey, " the thing about it is........he got the pitch up out over the plate and that's why he was able to hit the ball hard"

Thanks for the insight.

I don't mind Schroeder. He can get on my nerves sometimes, but all in all he does a good job.

You mean "still in all" (or is it "still and all"), don't you? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"All in all" = "in the final analysis."

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived