Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-09 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Davis), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone see how Macha got in the middle of the celebration scrum out by Braun. He must be feeling the heat, he's starting to show some emotion.

Love Braun's quotes after the game..."I've never lacked confidence, it's been my swing"...he just perfectly strides that thin line between cocky and confident. I hope he has an awesome All-Star game.

obsessedwithbrewcrew]

Great game. Small crowd for a Friday, but about 90% stuck around for the end.

After Wednesday night, this game was no small relief for me. I arrived with such meager goals as "no runs allowed in the first 10 minutes of the game" (Accomplished!) and maybe even no errors (Also accomplished!). Sharpie wasn't sharp, but neither did he pull a "July 7 Narveson," so I'll accept him for the placeholder he is in the rotation.

I'll have to check to see how long it's been since a Friday night crowd (especially in the heart of summer) drew only 27K, but the fans in our section who didn't cut out in like the 5th inning were really into the game. The junior announcer and family sits two rows in front of our loge seats, and the two kids in that family were just living and dying with every pitch late in the game. There were lots of rally caps in our area.

A late foul ball (I've forgotten who hit it) almost took out Robb Edwards and whoever was sitting on Robb's left. It did hit some black piece of plastic; I'd guess a corded phone handset, if they have stodgy corded phones at MP anymore.

The Geoff Jenkins thing was nice enough. He was well received by the fans and his ceremonial pitch was OK if not Cirilloesque. On his way off the field he walked toward the visitors' clubhouse; I said to the S.O., "he's going to say hi to the Doorman," and they did indeed exchange a high five.

thablingster will be happy to hear that I was thinking and in fact shouting "Epic Beard!" when Kottaras got his well placed triple. It's fortunate that GoGo went-went as quickly as he did to make the triple pay off.

I said to Ryan in the 10th, "Stick it to the Pirates again"; and was thinking to myself, "no 11th! That's Riske warming up." So it is for multiple reasons that I'm glad the Brewers came through, and Ryan in particular.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm glad you were able to watch a good game, hawing. Seeing Riske warming up is marginally better than seeing Suppan, but I can definitely understand the sentiment. Epic Beard indeed. Baby steps back towards a .200 batting average. lol
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

"I'm way too good to ever go through a stretch like this"

That was by far my favorite Ryan Braun quote of the year. Made me laugh out loud.

I liked it. I like that he admitted he's been "terrible", but still oozes with confidence. Makes me believe he will quickly get out of this slump he's been in.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived