Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-09 Pirates (Maholm) at Brewers (Davis), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm calling my shot now, Macha pinch hits with Wolf because Edmonds' Achilles is sore and he'd really hold Edmonds back for a situation with runners on. Wolf gets a hit and Corey drives him in.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

You wouldn't expect too much extra ball here given the pens involved. That said, I'm not doing anything and 15 innings might be one of the few memorable moments from this season. Let's do it!

I love how Dave Bush is our all-time designated pinch runner for injured players.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ryan Doumit's nickname should be the Doormat based on how many steals he has given up this year, lol.

Braun: "We haven't been playing good baseball, it starts with me, I've been terrible." Between Braun and Wolf we have two guys who pretty much tell it like it is all the time, which is kind of nice.

The team really needed this win from a morale standpoint, but Braun almost needed that hit more than the team did. It was nice to hear him acknowledge that he's been terrible in the postgame interview...that should dispel some of the claims that he just doesn't care anymore.

Nice to see the guys smiling again, even if it is against the Pirates.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived