Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-08 Giants (Zito) at Brewers (Parra), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 9-3]

At least he hit the ball hard???

I really feel sorry for the bride out there today.

I don't. In fact I despise them. The only reason to wear that to the game is to draw attention to themselves. They could have taken 5 minutes to change before going to the game, but they'd rather get on TV and get meaningless congratulations from fans around them. I hope they're sweating their asses off.

I know this team is making us all a bit hair-trigger, but man

I can't see them, but who cares, they're just having fun

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As an anonymous MLB scout recently said,

"The worst infield defense in baseball. Easily."

Where was this said? I'd like to see the article or whatever it was just to laugh.

Let me see if I can find it again, I think it was a link from ESPN's MLB page, maybe rumors, under one of those pages with a lot of little blurbs.

For his press conferences, Macha may as well be a giant doll with a string attached in back, and when you pull the string you can hear one of the following phrases:

"We had our chances today."

"Defensive mistakes cost us".

"We just can't seem to get that big hit."

"Their guy pitched pretty well."

"This negativity is poppycock."

Yeah, they won't bother changing managers before the Pirates series, I'd think. Although they probably should. Maybe it would give a small boost to the weekend ticket sales.

Hoffman is quickly killing whatever small modicum of trade value he had with this performance this afternoon.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

So who thinks Macha gets canned after the Giants sweep today???
I think it happens Monday morning.
Not that I am a Macha guy, but what would the point me in firing him this season now? Were done and out of it. Might as well finish out the season and start fresh in 2011. His contract was only good through this season anyway.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

BrewCrew I hear what you are saying, but look at the Dbacks, they fired Hinch and they are pretty much out of it too. Granted I havent seen any increase in ticket sales out here since the firing, but that might be hard to judge since the Dodgers and Cubs have both been here since his firing.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived