Brewer Fanatic

New Scoreboard update for Miller Park in 2011

adamb100
I too have always said it's gloomy in there, industrial, when everything is closed up. However, when the roof is open, or even if the pannels are open it's a completely different feeling. I really love the place when it's all open. I think when it's closed the green makes it so dingy. I'm not sure there is a whole lot you can do a bout it with still having the ability to open the pannels in the OF. But I'll take "industrial" warm and a big crowd any day over wet and cold and 10k fans.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The McCalvy link provided by pretendastronaut above says the new Miller Park sign is backlit. To me that sounds different than "lights up," as the MP sign above the original scoreboard did.

We'll find out soon enough, though really it can't be too soon, can it? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I agree, I find it hard to see how that sign could "light up." Here was my tweet to McCalvy: "Does this sign light up like the previous sign did? At first glance it doesn't appear to..." His response was "It does." Not trying to nitpick or anything. Just sharing what he told me. In any event, that scoreboard will be sweet.
Follow me on Twitter

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I know that the Dbacks have done that. Fans camp out on the outfield, they can play catch, they watch a movie, and then sleep out there. Pretty awesome from what I've heard.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Found this in an article on CNN on new ballpark tech:

"The technology to support the [old scoreboards] was changing, and we

were running out of spare parts for them," Brewers COO Rick Schlesinger

told Wired.com. For example, the new scoreboard, unlike the ones it

replaced, doesn't require air conditioning to cool it down. According to

the Brewers, that will translate into a 50 percent to 65 percent

reduction in energy consumption.

LINK

Not only is it bigger, it's literally cooler - and cheaper to run.

Was there Saturday for the Future's game....

The new intro is by far the coooooolest thing i've seen in a while... was a nice bright spot this weekend...

Not a fan of the color scheme for the board though....

You knew me as Myday2001.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

They should have a contest and the winner gets to spend a night with their friends in the stadium watching DVD's and playing video games
I wonder if the board is Duck Hunt compatible?
Big Buck Hunter beats the crap out of Duck Hunt.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived