Brewer Fanatic

New Scoreboard update for Miller Park in 2011

adamb100
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Mark, do you mind if we come over in a couple weeks and watch the SuperBowl on your new big screen? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
That would be SOOOOO wicked.... Too bad the No Fun League wouldn't allow it.

course... if they dont charge... cant it happen?

You knew me as Myday2001.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Board isint going to be done for the SB anyway, though that would be neat.

I figured, but it would have been cool.

I'm not sure why the NFL would prohibit something like that. That is, if they got their share of the proceedings. I'm pretty sure I've heard of movie theaters showing football games (live) before.

Seems like it would be a neat alternative to actually attending the game. If your stadium (or BB or basketball) has a nice screen, sell tickets (and concessions) to watch the game. The bonus of having it at MP would be to actually sit down on the field and watch the game. That would be unique enough to sell a lot of tickets.

Does anyone know if that new Miller Park sign will light up?
I asked McCalvy if this sign lights up like the previous one did, and he said it does.
The McCalvy link provided by pretendastronaut above says the new Miller Park sign is backlit. To me that sounds different than "lights up," as the MP sign above the original scoreboard did.

We'll find out soon enough, though really it can't be too soon, can it? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Just add the new scoreboard to the laundry list of reasons to love Mark A.
According to some he was using the new scoreboard to continue to gouge the tax payers.

As in the continuation of the stadium tax allegedly funded the new scoreboard?

Hmm, why such large gaps between the board and the advertising panels on the sides? I sure hope that's just temporary, it looks awful.
I think "awful" is pretty harsh. But it would make sense if they affixed a border all around the video board and ads, considerably or completely closing those gaps.

I really love the new sign very much. It seems like a huge artistic upgrade compared to the crappy sign they used to have. Adam McCalvy mentioned another portion would be added on later. I am assuming that will be the top half of the baseball shown in the original rendering.

Can't wait to see the actual HD images on the video board. It should be awesome.

Hmm, why such large gaps between the board and the advertising panels on the sides? I sure hope that's just temporary, it looks awful.
I think "awful" is pretty harsh. But it would make sense if they affixed a border all around the video board and ads, considerably or completely closing those gaps.

It looks pretty obvious imo that there will be something like the border Sam mentions.

That's essentially the picture I've been waiting to see, so thanks for linking to that, AJAY.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The gaps are filled in the renderings in the lead post. I'd assume that the stuff filling the gaps is trim and not structural, and like a building, trim would be installed near the end of the process.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I still think the stadium overall looks too "industrial" and could use some brick finishing or something. Like cover the back wall (the one beyond the actual OF wall) and up the major green steel pillars in the back.
Absolutely agree. I've always felt like the outside exterior of the stadium should have been continued on the inside beyond the OF wall. Don't know how I would actually pull that off and how much cost that would have added to the total cost of Miller Park, but the concrete and green does make it look awfully industrial and bland as sbrylski stated.

As long as we're on the topic of ballpark improvements, I miss the old manual scoreboards in the fence in LF. Wish those would return. Never been a fan of the videoboards in the fence

As long as we're on the topic of ballpark improvements, I miss the old manual scoreboards in the fence in LF. Wish those would return. Never been a fan of the videoboards in the fence

I also liked the old manual boards. Made the place feel a little more traditional. My guess is that the video boards are simply another way to sell advertising. Part of the economic reality of modern MLB, I suppose.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I really love the new sign very much. It seems like a huge artistic upgrade compared to the crappy sign they used to have. Adam McCalvy mentioned another portion would be added on later. I am assuming that will be the top half of the baseball shown in the original rendering.
Yeah. The old sign was starting to seem dated and out of place. It looked like something you would see in a bar or something (of course in a much smaller version). The new sign fits the look of the stadium much more nicely.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived