Brewer Fanatic

New Scoreboard update for Miller Park in 2011

adamb100

Has anyone been to Friday's lately that could post some pictures? Between Greinke, Marcum, and Field of Dreams being on Starz last night I'm jacked for everything baseball and I couldn't find anything new on the scoreboard.

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not quite what you were looking for, but here's a rendering of what the finished product should look like:

http://dailyreporter.com/files/2010/07/miller-park.gif

Edit: I didn't realize this had already been posted on the first page of the thread. Sorry for the redundancy!
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

We visited the Team Store the Saturday before Christmas and I checked the view from the far end of the store (closest to the field level seating). From that vantage point the scoreboard site is not visible, but a portion of the outfield grass has been removed to create a work space for construction staff. What little I could see is consistent with the photo to which Invader linked. There probably was more of a view from Friday's but we weren't motivated to go there.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

There probably was more of a view from Friday's but we weren't motivated to go there, AND THAT. [/i]

Hmmm...if I hadn't met you previously, I would think you were actually Doug Melvin from this sentence.
[/i]
disguise removed!

hmmmm, I was expecting that to be bigger......

That's what she said....oh, wait...

Sorry, had to do that.

Seriously though, I thought the same thing. For some reason I thought it would be about double that size. I guess if you look at the proposed image a few posts back, the advertising area needs to be installed completely around the video board. Maybe when I see the thing in person I'll see that it is a much bigger board...I hope.

The most recent article I read said it would be the 4th largest video board in MLB. I swear that an older article said it would be the 2nd...maybe they downsized a bit?

It's hard to tell from the odd angle of the new pics, but it looks like the video board is missing a section that would go to the left. It looks off center to me. Outside of that, I think it looks very much like the artist's renderings.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

The most recent article I read said it would be the 4th largest video board in MLB. I swear that an older article said it would be the 2nd...maybe they downsized a bit?
JSOnline said in July 2010 that it would be third largest in MLB, after Kansas City and Arizona.

Brewers.com said sometime last year that it would be fourth largest in MLB, after Kansas City, Houston's planned replacement board, and Arizona.

My first guess was that in the meantime, other/bigger projects were announced, and with Houston that appears to be the case.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Was there this past weekend.. Photos don't do it justice..It's pretty big... Is it IMAX big? No, but you will be impressed, I think..

Maybe I'll head down there for lunch and snap a few pics this time..

I was able to see part of the new video board from the Friday's restaurant today. Although I didn't have a clean view of the whole screen, what struck me the most was that it was not as wide as I had envisioned. However, the video screen actually had more height than what I had envisioned. So in some ways, it seemed more square in nature and was not as panoramic as what I thought it was going to be. Somehow it does not seem to have the 16 x 9 proportions that most people are used to.

Maybe my impression might change if I get to see it from other angles.

By the way, it looked like they had made good progress on adding the frame around the video screen. Hopefully someone can post photos soon.

At the risk of repeating myself, it's clearly evident based on the pictures in post 34,36, & 37 that the board is being put up in pieces. Are we absolutely certain the the video board portion is complete?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived