Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-07 Giants (Lincecum) at Brewers (Narveson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 15-2]

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think of myself as old but when they listed Posey's DOB on the big board at Miller Park on Monday, and it was a full year after I graduated from HS, it did get me thinking. I don't know how good he will be but he's killing the Crew this series at least.

Community Moderator

I'm not a fan of the buy/sell dichotomy. I do not like the Brewers to be called "sellers". It makes us sound like the Royals or something.

What we really are is "Buyers for 2011".

I'm not a fan of the buy/sell dichotomy. I do not like the Brewers to be called "sellers". It makes us sound like the Royals or something.

I think the buy/sell stuff is a nice way to say whether you are going for the playoffs this year or not.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I hope hawing gets a foul ball tonight. There has to be some reward in this for years of faithful support and then hoping against hope for tonight.
You know, we've attended our share of games where the Brewers' chances looked frankly bleak "on paper," yet we've been pleasantly surprised in the end. Dave Bush vs. Cole Hamels; Seth McClung vs. Randy Johnson (albeit late-career Randy Johnson); even Chris Narveson vs. the Rangers a few weeks ago.

We also experienced in person Shawn Green's 4-homer day vs. Milwaukee in 2002. This game was a lot more like that day. Jebus. I mean, really.

At least it didn't rain on us as much as I anticipated, it wasn't the muggiest three hours I've ever spent in MP, and they opened the roof mid-game, which at least made things more physically comfortable. We also got to see a friend who moved out of state last year (around the time the Brewers' 2009 house of cards began to collapse - so I'm still blaming him for the resulting suck).

2008 made up for a lot of the faithful support and hoping against hope, but I daresay the Brewers have started a new tab since, and they added to their total owed us tonight.

No foul ball. And my rock bottom expectations included "avoid being perfect gamed" (achieved relatively early!), "avoid being no-hit", "avoid the shutout", and no errors, just for one game. 3 out of 4!

Finally...the Brewers wished Cory Provus a happy birthday. On the videoboard, of course...the on-field message appeared to be something else.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Boy, I got to see two stinkers in a row (Tuesday and last night). At least I got to see some really good starting pitching at Miller Park...just not from the Brewers.

The unexpected rain when we pulled into Miller Park put the kibosh on us tailgating. At least we got to sit up in the club level, where we've only been once before. I still had fun; but boy, the Brewers are just brutally bad right now. Awful hitting, awful defense, awful pitching, awful coaching. Nothing really redeeming about this team at all, at this point.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

It's hard to say that that's not a fair comparison.

We also experienced in person Shawn Green's 4-homer day vs. Milwaukee in 2002. This game was a lot more like that day. Jebus. I mean, really.
I was at that game too, with my Dad. He got pretty peeved when Green got his last HR. He'd broken Joe Adcocks single game total base record which had stood for 48 years.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived