Brewer Fanatic

Braun's Stance/Swing

chuckcrim

Fangraphs with a great bit on Braun and his power....

I still think he's done something to inhibit his ability to hit lefties, I can't say what, but...

07-09 vs Lefties: .364/.432/.708/1.140 (400 ABs)

2010: .237/.306/.351/.657 (97 ABs)

Yes, a nearly .500 point drop in OPS vs LHP.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

That is a fantastic article by the way... and I can't say I ever thought that Braun would continue mashing LHP to the tune of a ~ 1.200 OPS... so in a way a regression was probably predictable... just no one would have thought this bad of a slump was coming.

his setup seems a bit different, as I don't remember his bat pointing out infront of him until recently. He always held it high and did that Jenkins-esque wobble, but I always thought the bat started pointing over his shoulder, not pointing away from his body.

http://twitter.com/jordanschelling

Apparently Braunie out for a little extra BP today...probably a good idea. He's looked very mortal lately.
It just shocks me he has been this bad, because during his first 3 seasons he was one of the best hitters in all of baseball period. And we hear about how hard Ryan works in the cage and watching video, surprised he has not turned it around yet. I know he will, but I just hope it is sooner than later. Yesterday he looked as bad as he has at any point during this slump, swinging at so many garbage sliders off the plate.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

He seems to be coming back around. Hopefully yesterday was a confidence builder for him (not like that's something he normally seems to lack anyway). What's encouraging to me is that even though his OPS is "only" .809, his SLG is at .474. He just needs to lay off some of that outside junk and his OBP will go back up.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived