Brewer Fanatic

Hart Trade Thread: Latest-- Does Hart's injury mean no deal?

• Replies 660
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, McCalvy just posted tonight's Brewers lineup and Hart is listed in it. Not that it means much as they could always scratch him.

To keep on topic, I'd prefer someone other than Sanchez if we trade Hart.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Sanchez for Hart is ok if it happens. I'd have tried setting the trade up with different players as I mention above. Both players are probably playing above their heads this year. But both players have a lot of talent and may have figured it out this year. Seems fair, but like others mentioned, why not go for a younger more controllable centerpiece than Sanchez. Still, this trade in a one for one is a wash to me. Not excited or disappointed. Could pay off for us though (if it happens).

Decent deal, but Sanchez is a bullpen killer with a fake ERA. Typical Melvin deal.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'd assume Bush goes to the Giants as well, and we get something back?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Trading Hart for Sanchez is pure stupidity. If this happens, I hope they just throw in Parra in as well, because I won't be able to bear watching the same guy pitch twice every five days. I don't really want to see Sanchez' stats this year either. Manny Parra put together a good first half once too- Sanchez has a track record of being unable to throw strikes with a high WHIP and 5 ish E.R.A outside of this year.

the past 4 years sanchez has had an xFIP between 4.14 and 4.25 with really high strikeout rates. Which is a pretty solid. For what it's worth his ERA has dropped every year as well. I wouldn't be thrilled with the trade because he does walk a lot of guys and I'd hoped for more out of hart....but he's a good pitcher. better than parra.

doesn't look like it matters though.

Sanchez can be inconsistent, but to say he is parra is a pretty big stretch. Sanchez's numbers are significantly better in almost every aspect over the past 2 seasons.

That happens when you pitch in a pitchers paradise. Let those 2 switch team and watch what their stats do.

Sanchez can be inconsistent, but to say he is parra is a pretty big stretch. Sanchez's numbers are significantly better in almost every aspect over the past 2 seasons.

That happens when you pitch in a pitchers paradise. Let those 2 switch team and watch what their stats do.

Unless AT&T park lowers whip and ups k rates, my point still stands.

So you don't think Parra would nimble less if he knew the flyballs he could give up would be outs instead of homers? Park effects change a players entire statistical line.

I have a feeling that Hart for Sanchez happens in the off-season.

Do you think the Brewers next GM would like Sanchez?

Sanchez might strike out an extra batter every three starts or so when compared to Parra. They both have trouble throwing strikes, and pitching far into games. Granted, Sanchez has been far superior to Parra the past two years (who is on track to be the #5 starter in Kansas City next year the way he is pitching), but I can see him having problems pitching at Miller Park after pitching in PacBell. His road WHIP is 1.4, which is nothing to write home about. I'd take Sanchez as a #3 starter right now, but I'm not trading Hart for him.

Archived